Glock Forum banner

G23 Magazine Jams at 8 Rds

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  RollTideRoll 
#1 ·
Hey guys-

Just picked up my first Glock, a GEN 3 23. One of the magazines will only load seven comfortably, the eighth can be forced but the slide is hard to rack. The mag is the (1) marked by the 'G', and it has the #8 follower. Any specific issues fkr which I should look? Search yielded nothing.

Thanks for the help.

#2 ·
Try a magazine loader, load your mags to full capacity and let them sit like that for a week or so. That should help. You can also load all that you can and just shoot it, that should help loosen them up a bit.

#5 ·
Thanks for the Q & A, guys. However, I wouldn't confuse a 27 mag or a 10-rounder. ;) I disassembled it and found the mag insert was all whopper-jawed and not allowing full loading.

All is now well, and looking forward to some holiday shooting tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

#6 ·
Swan_King said:
Thanks for the Q & A, guys. However, I wouldn't confuse a 27 mag or a 10-rounder. ;) I disassembled it and found the mag insert was all whopper-jawed and not allowing full loading. All is now well, and looking forward to some holiday shooting tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
Glad you figured it out! Didn't mean to insinuate any ignorance on your part. Just trying to clarify! :) Welcome to the forum!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.