Glock Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a g22 with what are supposed to be 15 round mags but all 3 will only hold 14. Is the 15 including 1 in the chamber or am I just not pushing hard enough to fit the 15th? Any suggestions?

·
Sheep Dog-MCLMM
430 Posts
Brand new mags are pretty stiff. Just load the 14 and leave them alone for a day or two then unload and try again. Shooting a lot will also fix the problem. It's also more fun than waiting.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
JakeTheSnake said:
Brand new mags are pretty stiff. Just load the 14 and leave them alone for a day or two then unload and try again. Shooting a lot will also fix the problem. It's also more fun than waiting.
Yep. Just have to break in the mags a little bit.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Even with the easy loader I couldn't get 10 rounds in the magazine, the most I could get was 8. I'm sure over time it will become easier.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Brash_N_Sassy said:
Even with the easy loader I couldn't get 10 rounds in the magazine, the most I could get was 8. I'm sure over time it will become easier.
It will. Just have to break in the mags. More you shoot the better!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Yea usually on a new mag you have to push the last round in so hard that your thumb will hurt a little. Like others have said just load up as many as you can an let it sit for a week or two then the spring will loosen up.

Or if you don't want to wait that long go out and shoot it cause the loading and unload process will weaken the spring enough to load it up to full capacity.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.