G22

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by rdejesus, Apr 9, 2012.

1. rdejesus

rdejesus New Member

Thinking of getting a G22 does anyone use it for ccw any pros and cons

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum rdejesus !!

The G22 is the standard size Glock in .40 caliber with a barrel length of 4.49"

and holds 15 rounds in a standard mag...with 17 optional.

A nice piece...but it may be a bit big for CCW. The G23 & G27 are smaller

and may conceal better...I suggest you look and handle all three if possible.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012

3. rdejesus

rdejesus New Member

I have a 23 that i use for ccw but i was just wondering if anyone out there has used a G22 for ccw and how it felt

4. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

I have a G-22 and do carry it sometimes for CCW. It is a little large for CCW, depends on your holster and clothing. Easy to do during the cold months. I also have the G-27, much easier to conceal with just a light shirt. The G-22 is a little combersome and can get in the way while entering or exiting your vehicle.

5. rdejesus

rdejesus New Member

Thanks birddogyz that's what i was wondering im in CT so would be great in the winter months

6. jmiles50

jmiles50 New Member

I carried a G22 for a couple years, and I never felt comfortable concealing it. Just a little big for me. Why dont you look at a G23?

7. rdejesus

rdejesus New Member

I'm not too worried about the gun printing when I'm carrying. In ct we have a permit to carry it doesn't have to be concealed. I already have the G23 that is my carry gun just wondering on how comfortable the G22 is when carrying being that it is a little bit larger. I am looking to get it for idpa but occasionally carry.

8. I carry my G22C from time to time. It's too big for me to do so comfortably. Great gun but I can only conceal carry it during the winter months or when I'm wearing a large puffy hoodie. :(

9. Glock22Gen3

Glock22Gen3 New Member

I carry my 22 IWB with no issues. No one sees the print, as far as it bothering me I carry all day with no discomfort. Crossbreed holsters work!

I thought I should add I'm 6'1 235 LBS.

10. +1. I am the same height and weight. I use a galco stow and go, and it's all good. I wear a wifebeater tucked in and a t shirt for concealment and my wife don't even know

11. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

I have successfully CC my G22 in a leather homemade minimalist holster (330 position) in my home when we host parties or gatherings with lots of people (safer on my person than in a safe). While it is not healthy size, I have been going through a ton of medical problems, possible diagnosis of Crohns, I only weigh 115lbs at 5'8". Just wear a polo over the top and it disappears. I would prefer a G23 for CC as it is smaller, but I can pull it off with a G22 just fine.

12. BlueBoa87

BlueBoa87 New Member

I carry my 22 using a blackhawk owb haven't bought an iwb yet found it is light enough that I forget it is there getting in and out of the car is fine the only problem is I live in a town where everyone carry's a 1911 and if you have anything else you get funny looks but I don't care so much I would chose my 15 round clip over their 7 any day

13. M22

M22 Member

WMass
    I carry a 22 IWB without any issues. I am 6' 210 lbs and the gun fits for my size. In MA I do need to worry about printing but that is only a concern in the summer months.

14. why would you want to carry a G22 concealed? It's too big unless you're a big dude in the first place. I can comfortably carry my G23 concealed but that's only if im wearing winter clothing or a jacket. T-shirt and shorts, impossible. Even with a Supertuck IWB, the grip pokes right thru my shirt, printing what I have. The G22 would be be worse. I'd never consider a G22 for a CCW, ever.

15. rdejesus

rdejesus New Member

I just want to say thank you to everyone for all the feed back i appreciate it. I did go out today and i did pick up the G-22 i love it and ccw isn't a problem at all as i'm a big guy 6' 250lb and it fits in my had better then my 23

16. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Good for you! I love my G22! Have fun and stay safe!

17. doubled18

doubled18 New Member

I bought my G22 on Tuesday and I love it. I'm use to the 21 and that was my first choice but the 22 was a steal for 3 mags, night sights, and factory restored.

18. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

You can Conceal any pistol you just have to dress around the Gun! I have carried 1911 full size and G 21 out here in the Desert when it is 120 in the shade! Wear button up shirts from Harley that you don't tuck in and it works well! Hawaiian Shirts with wild prints work well too. I have one from Honolulu HD that works well! Shorts is the uniform of the day around here 7-9 months out of the year! Prints work better at breaking up the pattern of the gun but none of my regular HD Shirts are prints and it still works!

19. Levelcross

Levelcross New Member

Well said Shooter, I have a G 22 and do carry it for CCW, the G23 or G27 will be much easier to conceal.

20. twag4

twag4 New Member

I have a G22 and love it, but I dont carry it. I carry a G27 or a pocket single stack 9mm not of Glock origin. G22 is too big for me. It doesn't conceal well for me unless I wear some kind of jacket. I am a shorts, t-shirt, flip-flops kinda guy- it works down here in SE Alabama.