G22 40.cal to 9mm.

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by Glock34Jarhead, May 13, 2012.

1. Glock34Jarhead

Glock34Jarhead Member

Can you swap out the 40.cal barrel with a 9mm. barrel? Can this be done without issue or do I need to change some other internal parts as well?
    Thanks for the help guys.

2. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

You have to buy the 40-9 conversion barrel I bought mine from LWD.. Lone wolf.

As far as just dropping a stock Glock 9mm barrel I'm pretty sure you would also have to change out some internals? But the easiest way is to buy the 40-9 barrel.

3. AuxSix

AuxSix New Member

A conversion barrel and magazines are all you need. The recoil spring is the same for the 40 and 9. Depending on which model you are trying to change from depends on the availability (currently waiting on a 23->19 conversion myself).

If you instal a OEM or aftermarket 9mm barrel that is not a conversion barrel you could have a catastrophic failure.

4. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

I've been using the LWD 40-9 barrel in my G23 and have ran way over 400 rounds of 9mm using my .40 mags and have had ZERO issues.

5. AuxSix

AuxSix New Member

Really? Learn something new every day. I was aware the 40 and 357 were interchangeable but not the 9. Sweet less I have to buy!

6. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Yes. I saw this guy doing it on UTUBE. So I tried it and it really works. I wouldn't recommend it for CC. But for the range it works good.

7. zipper046

zipper046 Member Supporter

You will need a conversion barrel. The outside diameter of the .40 and 9mm barrels are different.

Lone Wolf has decent barrels and carries conversion barrels.

To be safe, and reliable, go with 9mm mags. If you have an issue with ejection of spent cases, you may need to drop in a 9mm ejector (just replace ejector housing with one from a G17.

Z

8. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

You may need a new extractor also. It's easy to change out.

EDIT: Just saw the previous poster's comment. I'm almost positive you would since the .40 casing is a bit larger. But who knows, I'd try it and see first so that you wouldn't have to spend unnecessary money on an extractor, even though they're pretty cheap

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  9. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

There is no need to change the extractor out. All you need is the conversion barrel 40-9 now if you drop in a GLOCK stock 9mm barrel than yes change the extractor out.

10. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

That's what I meant. If he gets an OEM barrel he would need it

11. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Okay. ;) 10-4