Glock Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a G21sf, may of 2009,has ambi mag release and a pictinny rail.
Put a mag in and a flat spring and a little toggle looking piece fell on the ground along with the mag. I have never seen this type of release,checked my G20 and it has the standard looking long wire spring type.
Ask a guy at a shop that sells a lot of Glocks, he said it was a model that didn't go over well cause of mag release problems(no joke) He says Glock will modify it or replace it. Anyone have any experience with one of these.

·
Noob the forum boob
1,150 Posts
craigfraley said:
Put a mag in and a flat spring and a little toggle looking piece fell on the ground along with the mag. I have never seen this type of release,checked my G20 and it has the standard looking long wire spring type.
Ask a guy at a shop that sells a lot of Glocks, he said it was a model that didn't go over well cause of mag release problems(no joke) He says Glock will modify it or replace it. Anyone have any experience with one of these.
Any pics? I personally have not heard of that but I'm new on the scene so someone with more knowledge may chime in

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I did a quick internet search and I found a couple threads on this. One says that he contacted Glock and they replaced the frame (I assume receiver) http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-503599.html This is actually the first I have heard of it but All my 21's are Gen 2 1991 and 1992 vintage! Hope that helps!

·
Banned
654 Posts
I have the same style as the OP, mine is really hard to remove a mag. I will call Glock one of these days to have it repaired. I thought it was dry so I lubed it and it worked for a couple of weeks then backed to a POS it was.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
42,413 Posts
I have one too. I thought the mag release was funky and didn't look really durable. No problems yet. Does anyone have a clue as to how many of this model were made? I heard it was a spin off for a possible US military pistol trials. I'd like to have the normal mag release then I could use my old 21 mags in it. If they are a limited release I probably won't for collector interest.

·
Registered
372 Posts
You should call Glock and tell them about it, they'll replace the frame with one that has a standard magazine catch(right-hand only) and a standard Glock rail(not picatinny). You should ask for a prepaid shipping label if they don't offer one outright.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
42,413 Posts
The whole point of buying this model was for the picatinny rail. Is it anymore functional than the Glock rail? No. It is aesthetically pleasing to me and also may be a limited production model we won't see again. Like the Glocks with gill serrations. They aren't coming back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts