G21-13 round mags

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by BluesjamBR, Nov 20, 2020.

1. I can not get that 13th round in the magazine. Any tips?

2. Southlake

Southlake Salt Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

3. GlockGhost

GlockGhost Active Member

Or use a MagLula or is it UpLula. It will make it tough to rack your slide unless you put the mag in first and then drop the slide closed.

jhg, PaPow and Danzig like this.
  4. I’m using the Glock mag loader but can’t get that 13th round in.

5. PaPow

PaPow Well-Known Member Supporter

NunYah
    Are you slapping the mag in your hand (primer side down towards your hand) to help settle the first 12 rounds within the mag? I always smack ALL my mags just before loading the last round.

If this mag(s) is new, it`ll take some time to wear it in. Glock mags can be a little hard to load when new. My G30s is like this, and it still is a tad rough to get that last round in even though i`ve run a few hundred rounds thru the gun. As post #3 says, thats truth right there!

Get a MagLuLa mag loader. Then throw that glock loader in the garbage. When you go to install the mag in the gun, load one in the chamber from the mag, then pull the mag and fill it to capacity. You will have to re-install the full mag with authority. Slammer`home!

jhg, Southlake, Olga17 and 1 other person like this.
  6. PaPow

NunYah
  7. WOW! I have one of those for my AR and love it. I didn’t even know they made one for pistols. I will buy one this week. That’s great info.

jhg and PaPow like this.
  8. PaPow

NunYah
    Ohhhh man, they are the best thing since man discovered worms on a fish hook!

jhg likes this.
  9. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

I no longer have the hand strength to load magazines. My maglula uplula makes it easy. I would be lost without it. I bought a couple extra in case I break one and one for SHTF. I can have a couple of folks reloading while I shoot.

Southlake, PaPow and TheKraken like this.
  10. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

I have difficulty getting the 13th round in just about all my G21 mags. I usually just go with 12 plus one chambered. I'm ok with that. Hopefully 13 will be enough. I also carry a spare mag with me with 12 more. 25 rounds of 45acp should handle most situations. If not I revert to my G27 with extra mag. If that doesn't handle it I am just SOL.

11. Bish1309

Bish1309 Active Member

I've found I have super strength when it comes to loading my 45s. I can easily fill both 7 and 8 rd mags without needing a loader.

9mm on the other hand....not so much. Fully encourage using a loader.

Must be casing diameter. Them little 9s suck. Especially after the 9th or 10th manual load...OK, I give, get out the loader.

jhg and PaPow like this.
  12. chowser51

chowser51 Well-Known Member

Definitely the maglula.
    I did a Kriss conversion on one of my mags and I need the maglula to get the 24th and 25th round in.

jhg likes this.
  13. Opalizer

Opalizer New Member