Glock Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody.

My custom built G20 is having an issue where the final round in the mag isn't ejecting, instead the casing is getting stuck on the firing pin. It's always the last round in the mag since the one following doesn't force the empty case up and out. The slide will be locked back with the shell still in place, primer impaled on the firing pin. It doesn't seem to be ammo related, Federal FMJ, Sig Sauer and Winchester white box all have the same result - I've put just under 200 rounds through already.

All internal parts, including the firing pin and ejector, are glock OEM while the frame is P80, slide is Rock USA and barrel is Trybe (Faxon still on backorder). I know custom builds take about 500 rounds to break in (I'm at 200 so far) but is there something I can do now to fix this?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Hi everybody.

My custom built G20 is having an issue where the final round in the mag isn't ejecting, instead the casing is getting stuck on the firing pin. It's always the last round in the mag since the one following doesn't force the empty case up and out. The slide will be locked back with the shell still in place, primer impaled on the firing pin. It doesn't seem to be ammo related, Federal FMJ, Sig Sauer and Winchester white box all have the same result - I've put just under 200 rounds through already.

All internal parts, including the firing pin and ejector, are glock OEM while the frame is P80, slide is Rock USA and barrel is Trybe (Faxon still on backorder). I know custom builds take about 500 rounds to break in (I'm at 200 so far) but is there something I can do now to fix this?
Check the amount of firing pin protrusion in the Rock slide and then the OEM and see what that tells you, one might think the protrusion on the rock slide is deeper and thus allowing the firing pin to Pearce/spear the cases primer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check the amount of firing pin protrusion in the Rock slide and then the OEM and see what that tells you, one might think the protrusion on the rock slide is deeper and thus allowing the firing pin to Pearce/spear the cases primer.
I don't have an OEM slide, I built this from parts. Assuming it is protruding too far, what can I do to remedy that?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I don't have an OEM slide, I built this from parts. Assuming it is protruding too far, what can I do to remedy that?
Examine the tip, if you fail to notice any glaring problems install it in the rock slide and push the tail of the striker/firing pin and see/measure how far it protrudes past the breach face of the slide, somewhere in the Glock armors manual I've seen protrusion numbers,I'll see if I can find Glocks numbers.

I can't seem to locate it in this,if I recall it correctly it was in the neighborhood of .0035 to .0040.

If the tip of the pin was rough you could polish the tip smooth and see what difference that makes,remember you are just polishing the tip not shortening it as Glock OEM parts now a days they are almost non existent and not cheap.

Reactions: Lucian_253
1 - 7 of 7 Posts