Glock Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am picking up a G19 as my carry weapon and want to get another G to go with it. Should I go 17 and stay with the 9mm or go with .45. I want to compete also so not sure if that will make a difference or not.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
If you are going to compete, look at the G-34.

·
Registered
59 Posts
"GLOCK 21 An american icon

The “big bore” .45 caliber belongs to the United States like stars and stripes. Americans have always had a very special relationship with this timeless caliber. The GLOCK 21 gives you everything you would expect of a ..45 pistol. Countless law enforcement units swear by this superior pistol for more than just its above-average magazine capacity o 13 rounds."

This is the best shooting Glock!

http://www.glock.com/images/g21.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
479 Posts
I've got a G19 and my dads got a G21. I can shoot the G21 better one handed than I can my G19 two handed.
So, the full size frame of the 21 compared to the mid-size frame of the 19 makes the difference for you? I'm asking because, generally, .45 might seem more unwieldy than 9mm. I'm also asking because I'm taking candidate nominations for my second piece. =) I currently own the 21SF. So far, choosing my second Glock seems to be a trickier decision than my first one.

·
Registered
186 Posts
If you're going to be competing, ammo cost will be a big factor. I would say the get a 34 and never look back. I also have a 21, but my 34 and 35 (.40 cal version of the 34) are my most prized pistols. The 34 was "made for competition". Your already going to be invested in a 9mm, 9/ 40 frame sized holsters, mag pouches, etc, so unless you're intentionally looking to blow a lot of extra money, a 9mm is your answer.

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
My 2 cents...

I would get the .45 caliber to carry, and use the 9mm for competition.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I picked up my G19 today, my first Glock!! Now to figure out what sights to put on it and order a holster.

Glocks blue label program is awesome btw... Here in I hate the 2nd amend land (IL) you have a five day waiting period for handgun purchases, was able to leave the store with it today due to being an officer no wait! That and you can't beat a G19 w/3 mags for $428.

Attachments

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
G34 has a longer barrel, cut slide to compensate for weight, adjustable sights, lighter trigger pull and was built as a competition pistol from Glock. Its for sure the comp gun I'm buying asap. To go along with my 17,19, and 30. The nice thing is that the mags will fit the 19 for practice. The Gen4s just came out. Now if you buy a blue label one I have heard there are no adjustable sights and the trigger is the same as the standard Glock trigger.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts