G19 issue

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by thorzburn, Jan 4, 2012.

1. thorzburn

thorzburn New Member

Hey all, Newbie to the forum here.

I have an itermittent problem with partial ejection of spent casings.
    It happens usually at least once per range session, anyone have similar problems with their G19? Any input on a cause, or remedy?

Sorry if this is a redundant post

2. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to Glock Forum! What type of ammo are you using?

3. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Also, how old is the gun? How long have you been shooting?

4. thorzburn

thorzburn New Member

Usually Sellier & Bellot 115gr FMJ. Sometimes Federal Premium, or whatever the range is stocking, The range requires only their ammo to be used there, so at their mercy at their facility. My occasional trip to the woods is almost always Sellier & Bellot 115grain FMJ.

5. thorzburn

thorzburn New Member

And the gun is less than a year old. Has had this issue since day 1. More of just a niusance now, but I dont need any fumbling with it at the wrong time.

6. havasu

Possible limp wristing it or bad ammo is all I can think of at the moment.

7. G17XJ_BS

G17XJ_BS New Member

I would agree with havasu, I had this issue w/ my 17 when I got it. I was limp wristing it when i would get1/2 way through a clip not realizing I was relaxing my wrists

8. thorzburn

thorzburn New Member

Thanx for the input. I'll try to be more aware of "limp wristing" and see if that makes a difference.

9. dragonskiss

dragonskiss New Member

What generation G19 do you have? I know the dual recoil spring assembly used in the 4th Gen. G19 that was originally designed for the .40 S&W caused some issues with FTEs and partial ejections.

10. DON1962

DON1962 New Member

I let a friend shoot my 17 and he had ejection problems every round. I showed him how to hold the pistol.......no more problems.

11. Hurst11JK

Hurst11JK New Member

NoVA
    Like many have said, not to bust on ya, but it could be your hold on the pistol. I have a 3rd Gen G19 and have ran appx 5,000 round of WWB and some Mil ammo through it and no issues, and thats without a cleaning, just some light oil. Its all clean now and runs like a champ, just as it was dirty. They are snappy shooting guns and if you have a weak hold and your stance is weak it will cause you some issues. Try some different holds and see if that works, I usually start folks off one way and work them from there as it fits them and thier shooting style, ability, one way does not work for all.

12. Grabber GT

Grabber GT New Member

Ohio
    Have someone take a video while you shoot. See for yourself. A friend of mine, a bigger guy, thought he had a good grip. After seeing the video and changing his grip a little it improved.

13. rivalarrival

rivalarrival Are we there yet?

The only failure-to-eject and failure-to-feeds with factory ammunition I've had were with limp wristing. It's common in polymer-framed guns. The mass of the frame alone just isn't enough to hold it still while the slide cycles.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh9JhCyFFxA[/ame]

Squeezing the grip tighter will naturally lock the wrist, but can cause its own problems. I'm assuming you're right handed. Hold your right hand like you're holding a gun. Rest the bottom of your hand on your left palm. Now, push down hard with your right hand, push hard with your left. Now, with the fingers on your right hand, manipulate a combination lock, or roll a blob of clay into a ball, or do something else that requires a bit of dexterity in your fingers. You should have a locked wrist, but your fingers should be relatively relaxed. That's pretty much what you're looking for when you're shooting, especially with your trigger finger.

When you go to the range, do the same thing - use your shooting hand to push down into your support hand and your wrist will naturally lock up regardless of what you're doing with your fingers.

14. havasu

R/A...That was one of the best videos I have seen in awhile to prove limp wristing does in fact occur. i wish my department's rangemaster would have shown it to us when I was still employed. Thanks for posting it!

15. rivalarrival

rivalarrival Are we there yet?

You're most welcome! Youtube is filled with nuggets of awesome amid all the obnoxious kittens. I've learned all sorts of useful skills - from kneading bread to butchering deer, with field stripping and detail stripping in between - with nothing but a little book learning and youtube videos.