G19 gen 3 vs gen 4

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by izcoG19, Apr 1, 2012.

1. izcoG19

izcoG19 New Member

Hi all!

Im new to the forum. Joined to have good read about which glock should i get first. Actually it will be my first gun. Though i've been banking on the 19, the issue of gen 3 vs gen 4 is still clouding me. ive read some issues about the gen 4 and also about how flawless the gen 3 is. Wondering if the ejection issues of gen for is true to all owners.

Any feedback on these issues?

2. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Get the Gen4

3. sawfiler

sawfiler New Member

I've had no issues with my gen4 19. It eats ammo and asks for more.

4. PeacefulWarrior

PeacefulWarrior New Member

I have a Gen 4 19, not a single issue with it except instant addiction to weekly range visits and buying lots of rounds & extra magazines... go with the 4th gen, if that's what you want. They've addressed any problems.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  5. larry

larry New Member

I wanted a Gen4 but settled for a Gen3 G19 as that is all they can sell in California. But since I live in both California and Nevada I have stocked up on both 10 and 15 round mags (the 10s can only be used in CA). My Gen3 runs wonderfully. I added Trijicon NSs and a SS guide rod. Very pleased with performance. Was disappointed today as the Clark County SP (range) was closed due to high winds... Oh well

6. sconnie

sconnie Member

+1. Mine has not had any issues with any type of ammo with about 900 rounds through it in the first month that I've owned it.

7. FireGuy4

FireGuy4 New Member

Same here, 800 rounds and zero malfunctions with my gen 4. Simple and flawless

8. izcoG19

izcoG19 New Member

I guess this kind of issue is what im lookin for! Lol

Thanks for the feedback. I think i have to buy one really soon.

9. Yea the Gen 4's are nice more options bro! I still love my gen 3 tho.

10. izcoG19

izcoG19 New Member

I guess this limits my options. Im permanently moving here in CA. Didnt know they only sell gen 3s here. I just got my brochure from glockstore.com and i thought i have the option of having gen4. :)

11. flightmedic76

flightmedic76 New Member

Over 1,000 rounds through my Gen 4 without a single issue, it just keeps begging for more. Glock has found and solved the problem.

12. cvitter

cvitter New Member

I have 4000+ rounds through my Gen 4 with no problems. The 19 is a great gun. For me the grip is quite a bit nice on the Gen 4 and the new recoil spring improves muzzle flip somewhat.

As for legality in CA I am not sure but I think you can order the version that comes with 10 round mags in CA? On the plus side, if that is true, it is probably easier to find the 10 round version since no one wants one. ;)

Is it true that the Gen 4 G19 isn't legal in CA?

13. izcoG19

izcoG19 New Member

Im not so sure about its legality here. I have to call glockstore. Ill let you guys know what ill find out later.

14. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

Two things first no Gen 4s allowed in California(for residents) two only 10 rnd mags that goes for handguns and rifles, rifles also need bullet buttons.

15. izcoG19

izcoG19 New Member

I just called glockstore and was told that gen 4 is only sold to law enforcement officers. So yes, no other options except gen 3 for us here.

16. izcoG19

izcoG19 New Member

Are you in the service glockloaded? If not, could you share where you got your gen4. It wouldbe really nice having that option for me after reading a lot of good stuffs here about it.

17. glocknloaded

No I am not, I don't have a gen 4 either because I live in California I can only have/buy a gen 3.

But I LOVE my gen 3 17 and plan on picking up a gen 3 23 as soon as I am done with my AR build. Because I live in California I don't have a whole lot of experience with the gen 4 outside of shooting my buddy's when in Florida, but to me a glocks a glock and it doesn't really bother me not being able to buy a Gen 4 what sucks the most is only being allowed to have 10 rnd magazines :(

18. Glock19

Glock19 New Member

Why no Gen4 in CA? When I lived there I had to live with 10 rd mags, but I didn't know about Gen4 restrictions.

19. izcoG19

izcoG19 New Member

Yeah, thats also what i have in plan. 19 and soon 23.

Im not sure why they have restricted it here. I was only told that its sold only to lawenforcers.

20. glocknloaded

Because there communist lol J/K not sure why but it's not on the list of approved firearms in California