G19 3rd gen carry Ammo??

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by Chicagobears4life, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Chicagobears4life

Chicagobears4life New Member

I carry federal premium law enf. Amm. Hydra- Shok
    +p+ 124 grain hydra Shok Is this comparable to what some of u guys carry?? Wondering if this was good, bad, or indifferent?? Thanks guys

2. american lockpicker

american lockpicker New Member

Very good choice. I used to use Remington 115gr JHP +p in my G19C, I now use 124gr FMJ in my G17 but its not very effective.

3. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

The law enforcement T did the best in the FBI test of any 9mm.

I carry the Corbon Glaser 80 gr, it is light but it is solid copper so it has better expansion than the lead core hollow points.

4. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

I currently carry Hornady and pdx1

5. dragonskiss

dragonskiss New Member

Been pretty loyal to the 9mm Federal HST 124gr. +P. It was one of the very few types of JHPs I could buy from my local range and it's been great paired with my G19. The HST round offers some of the best expansion in 9mm IMHO.

6. Kmurray96

Kmurray96 Well-Known Member Supporter

My tightest groups are with the Hornaday's Critical Defense in both .45 and 9MM.

7. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

I also carry the Hornady Critical Defense in in my .40 and 9mm. I use the Hornandy Custom HP/XTP in my 10mm.

8. jayta98

jayta98 New Member

I currently carry PDX1 +p in my G19 but I'm looking to start using Federal Hydra Shok 230 grain in my G21. I try to buy what I can find locally and PDX1 and FHS are available in most walmarts.

9. Redhawk41mag

Redhawk41mag New Member

CorBon then Hornaday's Critical Defense loads...115gr. is my choice!!

10. Surprised nobody has said this....

I carry whatever the law enforcement agency in that area carries. This way god forbid I ever have to use my gun, no lawyer in a court room can ever claim I was using some kind of specialty, military, or any other type of ammo they can twist into being designed to do more damage then the situation warrants.

I'm all for the many arguments against this, but you have to think about what looks bad to a jury. If they say why did you carry this specific type of ammo I can say that is what the area law enforcement carries, and I feel they would know what is best for the community and public as a whole.