G17 Gen4 25c trigger job issue.

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by uncleevy, Jan 2, 2012.

1. uncleevy

uncleevy New Member

Hi all I just bought my first pistol a G17 gen4 brand new. I took it to the range once and the trigger was stiff so I did a very careful 25c trigger job, however after I noticed a problem. When I reassembled and dry fired it a couple times, I removed the slide and saw the trigger bar slipped pass the connector bar (all stock parts). I reseated it and reassembled. Dry fired several times and observed the same issue. Has anyone experience this? Have I messed up my G17?
    Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

• G17.jpg
      G17.jpg
      File size:
      44.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  2. Boracay

Boracay ʎ ɐ ɔ ɐ ᴚ o

Thats normal. When you dryfire, the slide doesn't cycle to re-engage the striker/firing pin that push the trigger bar forward to reset the connector. Change the connector (3.5lbs) for smoother trigger pull.

3. TimeKiller911

TimeKiller911 New Member

wow, a BRAND new owner of a Glock, first pistol ever owned, and ballszy enough to do a 25c trigger job on a gun hardley fired? nothing like diving in head first. shoot alot and shoot often, good luck.

4. DTOWNREX

DTOWNREX New Member

my suggestions would be to learn all the ins and outs of your gun before tampering with its original function and form.
    purchase a 3.5 or 5.0 tactical ghost connector. you will be more than pleased with your choice!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  5. BORIS

BORIS New Member

The problem with the 25c trigger job is it is only a good thing for a Glock that will be shot very little and packed away most of its time. Glock triggers wear in real nice. When you let it wear in on it's own it wears exactly where it needs to and no more.

Shoot a glock with that trigger job alot and the trigger gets SOOO mushy after alot of shooting it ruins it and you won't like the way that trigger feels.

I would never do this to any of my Glocks because I shoot them too dang much.....

6. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

Spend the 20 bucks and get a Ghost Ultimate 3.5 lb connector.

7. uncleevy

uncleevy New Member

Thanks for all your responses, glad to know that it's normal! I will take that advice to shoot more and learn all about my G17 Gen4. I absolutely love my Glock. I am glad I found this forum.

Thanks

8. TimeKiller911

TimeKiller911 New Member

Most of us here feel the same way. :cool:

9. I STRONGLY recommend AGAINST any connector other GLOCK in a gen4, I switched mine to an OE 3.5 from a ghost and it was way nicer and more crisp. Something with the different trigger assembly (block) in the gen4's.......

10. uncleevy

uncleevy New Member

Thanks much wsar10.

11. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

Actually, that's NOT Normal.
    The connectors job is to always pull the triggerbar downward.
    That is why it's tab is angled downward. Otherwise the cruxiform will not disengage with the firing pin lug.

12. BORIS

BORIS New Member

Hmm. I didn't really look at that pic. You sir are correct. That is not normal. I just took mine apart and the only way to get it to do that is if you bent the connector while polishing or damaged the trigger block.

If it were my gun I would buy a new trigger with bar, original connector and new block for the trigger housing and start over and NOT do the polish job.

The trigger willmwearnin by itself with use. If the gun will have a maximum of 5000 trigger pulls over the next few generations of your family then this fluffing and buffing will be fine. If you shoot it enough which also gets you familiar with the piece it will be worn in on the surfaces that only need the wearing in.

Nice catch there. I didn't really look at the pic. I have seen people bend connectors to lighten the pull and the result was a full auto part. At that point it becomes regulated under NFA. And you manufactured a full auto part. Not good if a police officer is at the range when you glock goes full auto on you.

Replace the parts to be on the safe side and let it wear in on it's own.....

13. uncleevy

uncleevy New Member

Thanks guys. I am so concerned that such a "seemingly" simple procedure could have ruin my glock's trigger. As a result I did some research on how the trigger mechanism works. My findings are that the pistol is perfectly normal, however my field stripping procedure was flawed which cause the issue. I was pulling the slide too far back when field stripping. When the slide is pulled too far back the connector bar begins to ride on the slide which pushes it towards the center of the pistol which then causes the trigger bar to slip pass. So now I corrected that technique and the trigger bar is below the connector bar every time I disassemble now. I also after removing the slide push the connector bar inwards and sure enough the trigger bar slips pass.

Again I thank you all for your support and I apologize for my newbie error.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  14. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

Awe-huh, you pulled the connector over while the slide was off the frame and the trigger bar popped up, ready to be reset.

Got it, sorry for the confusion. Go shoot your gun in a safe direction an test your new trigger job.

Personnally, I don't mess with Perfection, it you know what I mean.

15. TimeKiller911

TimeKiller911 New Member

you'll be ok. we all get eager to attempt to change something new to us, to see if maybe we can make it a little better. my experience tells me to move a little slower and allow things to gel. kinda like leftover supper.... it always taste better to me 2-3 days later, allowing the ingredients to "make love" with each other :eek:. Atleast thats our way of thinking in the fire service.