G-17 sight question

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by pimpg19, Mar 2, 2012.

1. pimpg19

pimpg19 New Member

I want to get new sights for my g 17L for compition please help

2. 1970ronnie

1970ronnie New Member

sights

Meprolight and XS would be a good start..

3. triggerhappy

triggerhappy New Member

I have Trijicon on mine but the Glock folks recommended AmeriGlo to me.

4. WadeP

WadeP New Member

You don't say what kind of competion but you don't need night sights or any kind of dot sights for most of them. It's questionable whether night sights are even necessary for low-light self defense encounters or are they just a brilliantly marketed gimmick, but that's another discussion.

For shooting accurately and punching holes in paper and 99% of all other uses, plain black sights are best. My current favorites, and the pick of many top shooters if that matters, are the Warren Tactical Sevigny sights. I have them on my 17L and they are the perfect, crisp uncluttered sight picture. There's no reason to get anything else but in second place are Heinie slant pros.

XS sights suck for accurate shooting. Can you make them work at 15 yards, yes but why? How about 25 yards, 50 or 100?

5. Gen4new-guy

Gen4new-guy New Member

Amen to that..XS are great for up in your face alpha's or zero down...but when that popper is 35ft down range good luck getting him fall without a few test shots.. I am upgrading to the dawson/sevigny f.o. asap on my 17. Just need help figuring out what height to go with..

6. pimpg19

pimpg19 New Member

Well on the ppc leauge we nshoot from 21ft all the way to 52ft if that helps for picking sights.

7. Gen4new-guy

Gen4new-guy New Member

I to would love to hear what competition guys here are using. I like night sights on a CCW or a HD gun. They really have no place in competition IMOH. NOTE: I'm not dissing night sights...

btw..pics would be awesome of your sights..

8. WadeP

WadeP New Member

That's not much variation in distance so fixed sights should work. I recommend the Sevigny Competition.

If you want adjustable, use these:
    http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=1710000-1093363057
    and this front, DP Glock Black Serrated Front Sight .335 Tall x .100 Wide, Match with DP or Bomar Adjustable Rear 019-050.

9. Boracay

Boracay ʎ ɐ ɔ ɐ ᴚ o

I use Sevigny Competition Sights

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

I like what I see. You got a pic of the entire pistol?

11. the_mule

the_mule New Member