Fun Gun!!!

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by G22GEN4, Mar 20, 2012.

1. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

Besides Glock, what is your fun gun(s). Your gun to just go out & shoot & have some good old family fun.

2. SnarkKnuckle

SnarkKnuckle New Member

Ruger Mark III is another I shoot the most. Plus, it's way cheaper to shoot than some others.

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

My Tommy Gun...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  4. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

Taurus Judge Public Defender Polymer & Mossberg Tactical cheap AR style .22 is what I choose. Getting the PD tomorrow if I don't get delayed lol & Tac .22 soon after.

My Glock is like the secret service, no humor at all & always on duty.

5. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

Now that's bad azz. Gotta love the drum

6. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

Love shooting my AR and Mini 14. My old Enfield is always fun too. Every once in a while we break out the Astra 200, that always gets laughs. Too many guns to list just one.

7. We have a lot of good ones, but the "Family Fun Gun" would have to be the Marlin model 60 in .22lr. Mostly because my little boy can shoot it too.

8. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

Before my neck problems My M1A was my fun gun!

Attached Files:

9. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

I would LOVE to have one of these!!

10. Where did you get the thompson in all black anyways?

11. SHOOTER13

It's the Thompson "Commando" model...it is made with all black furniture by Thompson / Auto Ordnance

12. Thats a gorgeous gun Shooter!

My fun gun is my S&W M&P 15, or my buddy's 1911

13. SHOOTER13

Thanks locapitano...

14. nyycanseco33

nyycanseco33 Well-Known Member Supporter

I also enjoy my M&P 15 and I also have a walther p38 from ww2 that my grandfather brought back with him, I have never shot it but it has the markings on the slide and in great shape

15. SHOOTER13

Look like this...?!

[​IMG]

Pictured above is my P38 built by Spreewerke GmbH, Metallwarenfabrik, in Berlin/Spandau Germany in 1942 during the second World War. The Spreewerke inspection stamp consisted of an eagle above the number 88 (E/88), but the first 500 weapons made at the Spreewerke factory had Walther inspection stamps which consisted of an eagle over 359 (E/359) . (My specimen has a serial number of 246 and the Walther acceptance stamp E/359). The letters CYQ are the code used to designate construction at the Spreewerke plant, which produced around 285,000 units by the wars end. This specimen is also Wehrmacht stamped with an Nazi eagle over swaztika. The P38 is chambered for 9mm Parabellum and holds 8 rounds in the magazine. She also came with a black semi-hard leather holster that holds an extra magazine.

The P38 was the first DA/SA pistol adopted by a major power. When the hammer is forward, squeezing the trigger will cock the hammer--by means of a draw bar on the right side of the frame--and fire the first round much like a DA revolver. After that the hammer remains cocked, and subsequent shots are fired in SA mode.If the hammer is cocked, rotating the safety lever on the left rear of the slide downwards will lock the firing pin in place. As the lever reaches the bottom, it trips the sear, allowing the hammer to travel forward. The safety can be left down, which blocks movement of both the trigger and hammer, or moved up, allowing the first shot to be fired in DA mode. A pin located above the hammer acts as a loaded chamber indicator.

16. nyycanseco33

Yeah it looks like it, I'll take a picture of it after 6am when I get home to show the similarities and stampings :)

I'm not really sure if I should shoot it though, it's an heirloom and a classic, it also has patina on it from its age and it really looks good

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  17. SHOOTER13

Sounds good...!!

I would really like to know what Waffenamt codes are stamped on it.

I could probably date it for you too !!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  18. nyycanseco33

A lot of Glock owners don't realize that the Glock G17 (called the p80 at the time) was made due to the Austrian military wanting to change out their walther p38 pistols to something more updated with the same simplicity and minimal working parts... In a way you could say that without the p38 there would have been no Glock at all

19. Seawolf

Seawolf New Member

Toss up between

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  20. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

most "fun" gun I have ever had the pleasure of shooting:

Attached Files: