Glock Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was wondering if anyone else has ever had a kydex holster where when you insert your Glock, the front sight catches slightly on the edge of the kydex?

I have a kydex holster that has a wide opening at the bottom for the sight, but not much in the way of space for the sight itself when holstering.

After holstering my gun a few times, I have noticed some slight marring on the front facing edge of the sight.

I also have a N82 Pro holster. That holster has a sight channel from the top to the bottom.

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
GunnerGSP said:
Hey I was wondering if anyone else has ever had a kydex holster where when you insert your Glock, the front sight catches slightly on the edge of the kydex?

I have a kydex holster that has a wide opening at the bottom for the sight, but not much in the way of space for the sight itself when holstering.

After holstering my gun a few times, I have noticed some slight marring on the front facing edge of the sight.

I also have a N82 Pro holster. That holster has a sight channel from the top to the bottom.

I would order a quality holster frok Mike P.

U can heat yours with a heat gun in that spot and re mold it.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I will take a look at the N82 that my daughter carries her M&P in when I get home. As for my Glock holsters I do not have any problem with the sights hanging up in or out, I mold them with extra room for different types of sights. I have had some trouble with rail mounted lights or lasers, just had to keep molding that area a few times until I was happy with it.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Levelcross said:
I will take a look at the N82 that my daughter carries her M&P in when I get home. As for my Glock holsters I do not have any problem with the sights hanging up in or out, I mold them with extra room for different types of sights. I have had some trouble with rail mounted lights or lasers, just had to keep molding that area a few times until I was happy with it.
Actually, my N82 has a sight groove top to bottom. It's a different holster I was having trouble with. I take it your daughter has the N82 pro model? A good product by the way...

I don't have too much of an issue if I pay close attention when holstering on the one with the kydex.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yes it is the N82 pro, I was with her when she bought it and I really thought she would throw it in the holster drawer.....but she loves it and carries every day so yes it is a good holster.

Now for your kydex holster, if you have a heat gun ( $25 at wallyworld) you can spot heat the area that is giving you trouble and hand form it, just be careful how big of an area that you heat as too much will change more than you want to. Kydex is very forgiving to work with, I make most of my holsters out of kydex and or horsehide.

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts

I would order a quality holster frok Mike P.

U can heat yours with a heat gun in that spot and re mold it.
This, mine catches sometimes, but it's because my new night sights were a little taller. Just heat it in the area where the sights go and take a pen and push up to make a channel for the sights in the holster.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts