From a Facebook post.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Steelharp, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Steelharp

Steelharp New Member

From a friend of mine:

A heads up to my fellow enthusiasts: The BATF contacted the admin of another group I belong to tonight. They are watching us VERY closely on here. They knew EVERYTHING we did and do in that group. So mind what you post, someone is reading it ;-). ~Semper Fidelis

2. The Boar Buster

The Boar Buster New Member

Yes they are always watching as are anti groups. We probably have a few that have joined the group to lay bait. Big brother is with us.

3. M22

M22 Member

WMass
    And here I thought all they did was give guns to Mexican cartels. Who'd a thought?

4. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

I've never doubted they were, long before this started floating around. I also would not be surprised if it were confirmed that the NSA monitors and has for years, every communication, in every form, across the country. Secret Service has shown up at peoples' front doors after internet posts and those go back at least 2 years. The NSA rumors go back 10+ years.

5. TxShooter

TxShooter Administrator Staff Member

They also hash through all your Twitter posts. I think we would be shocked to find out the true extent of how much data our Government has about us.

6. jelder

jelder New Member

Crazy stuff!!!! So much for aka"freedom"

7. this exactly why YOU DON'T open your safe and start taking pics(of everything) and sharing your in home concealment places and plans and how much ammo you have and or mags. It's also why you don't post pics looking down the barrel of YOUR LOADED gun while your holding it:confused:...........
    some ppl just are not bright !

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  8. rivalarrival

rivalarrival Are we there yet?

Umm... If "the government" wanted to spy on us, try to catch us doing illegal things, who would they have do it? Would they have a DMV clerk monitor us, or would that job fall to some Law Enforcement Officer or another?

You guys do realize that the topic of this forum is the most popular Law Enforcement Sidearm in the US, right? That a hell of a lot of people who use Glocks are cops, deputies, troopers, federal agents, etc?

You do realize that half the people active in this forum are current or retired LEOs, right?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  9. I don't think they are too concerned about a guy toting a GLOCK, it's conversation and black guns.

10. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Guess only time will tell if they are on the american people side or our "government".

11. Lol nice pic. I have to agree. If it scares you that much that "they" are watching, why are you here in the first place?

12. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

If what is spoken or photographed was legal, we should not worry with "Big Brother" watching over our shoulder.

13. Exactly!!! I've legally purchase all of my firearms.

14. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

Agreed.

I know they watch, I don't care. I think it's a waste of resources in an ever increasing situation of disparity.

15. it's not a question of legality, but of privacy !

16. DougK

DougK New Member

Seems fb monitors anybody who appreciates their freedoms and opposes islam in any way, they don't like that one bit!

17. EvilD

EvilD New Member

Have a cell phone, car made after 1996, drivers license, passport, credit card, bank account...? If you do, your constantly being monitored. The govt can kiss my shiny metal a$$. Molon Labe.

18. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Amen to that. Lol

19. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Considering that we're talking about, specifically, DHS and I brought in NSA, neither the DMV clerks, nor the active or retired LEOs, unless they happen to work for DHS, matter, as they would have nothing to do with it.

The job would fall on a computer, programmed to look/listen for certain key words. The content with those words is flagged and sent for human review. There's been plenty written about it over the last decade, but you can choose to believe it or not; personally, I don't really care who's watching/listening and who believes it's happening or not. I'm not doing anything to warrant attention but as wsar10 said, it's not about legality, it's about privacy.

Love the picture though.

20. The Boar Buster

The Boar Buster New Member

I like knowing my government has nothing better to do than watch me. It makes me feel all warm and cuddly inside:)
    I am on a gold prospecting forum and the owner started listing the ip addresses and names of the gov. agencies enviro wacos that were visting the forum. Warm fuzzies
    I understand they have to create work to continue to exist and to get more of that free federal money.