Glock Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was in Walmart getting gun blue. Something told me to look over. Well, I did. This is what I saw.

ForumRunner_20120530_201933.jpg

So manufacturers are calling them clips now?
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,337 Posts
G22GEN4 said:
So I was in Walmart getting gun blue. Something told me to look over. Well, I did. This is what I saw.

So manufacturers are calling them clips now?
Marketing. If they called it a "magazine " the uneducated would think they were getting a magazine called "7 shot".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shep482 said:
Marketing. If they called it a "magazine " the uneducated would think they were getting a magazine called "7 shot".
Aaaaaahahaha lmbo so sad but true lol.... Good 1
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,214 Posts
WOW!!! All I can say is WOW!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
723 Posts
the dumbing down of America. The person from Marlins marketing department who allowed that to happen should be fired.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EvilD said:
the dumbing down of America. The person from Marlins marketing department who allowed that to happen should be fired.
I agree. This gives the uneducated a tool to argue with.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is like calling the revolver a pistol.
 

·
Glockin’ since 1993
Joined
·
34,838 Posts
G22GEN4 said:
This is like calling the revolver a pistol.
Revolvers have been called pistols since at least the early 1800's. Until fairly recently has the term been supplanted in reference to semiautomatic pistols. Pistols (single shot) are referred to in Revolutionary War Era documents which predates revolvers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Danzig said:
Revolvers have been called pistols since at least the early 1800's. Until fairly recently has the term been supplanted in reference to semiautomatic pistols. Pistols (single shot) are referred to in Revolutionary War Era documents which predates revolvers.
Didn't know that. I just go by the definition in the dictionary. I actually called all handguns pistols untill I looked up the word "pistol" & saw that it refers to to automatic handgun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,359 Posts
Have a Marlin 795 .22 rifle, and came across the owner's manual today while doing some cleaning. On the cover it states that the rifle comes with a "free 7 round magazine clip included". Otherwise they'd have to advertise a free rifle with the purchase of the 7 round magazine clip. Goofy as Marlin's vernacular is, the rifle shoots great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CountryMick said:
Have a Marlin 795 .22 rifle, and came across the owner's manual today while doing some cleaning. On the cover it states that the rifle comes with a "free 7 round magazine clip included". Otherwise they'd have to advertise a free rifle with the purchase of the 7 round magazine clip. Goofy as Marlin's vernacular is, the rifle shoots great.
My Marlin 783 shoots great also.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top