Frankenstein Glock

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Argyle64, May 19, 2012.

1. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

So I thought I would share a little project I'm working on for a customer. This morning I picked up the parts from him so here is what I'm doing.

My customer bought a Gen 2 G19 complete frame and a Gen 3 G38 complete slide. I am putting this together as a "G38". The combined total for both components was $300. So after my fees and everything else my customer is going to have a G38 for less than $400.

I'm looking forward to getting this all worked up and completed since I have never shot a G38 before. I'm worried though if I like it, I may end up buying one and that's the last thing I need my wife bugging me about.

Hopefully I can remember to take pics to document the process and let everyone know how this turns out.

2. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Sounds pretty interesting

3. officerX

officerX Well-Known Member Supporter

What's the purpose/benefit/idea behind putting these 2 together?

4. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

The customer wanted a G38 but didn't want to pay $525 for one. So he shopped around and found a frame and and slide. I figure the only real work I'll have to do on it is clean up the frame and slide and maybe replace the ejector on the G19 trigger housing mechanism.

5. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

My dream G38! The finger grooves on the compact frames are too close together for me, so they're uncomfortable to shoot. I only like the Gen2 compacts and the .45GAP didn't come out until well into Gen3. I don't know why I never thought of doing this myself...I'll have to keep my eyes open.

6. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

I took the "Frankenstein" Glock out today and fired 10 rounds through it flawlessly without having to change the ejector. Lobs the rounds up and out to the right about 10 feet. Perfect! This is a sweet shooting gun. The only downside is now I think I'm going to have to get one.

7. Is 10 rounds adaquate in this case? I honestly don't know, I just think my paranoia would want at least 100 before i called the ejector reliable. Cool project

8. mikecu

mikecu New Member

Do the models 38, 19, 23, and 32 use the same frames?

9. i know the 9mm and the .40 are the same frame. but thats about all i know. just my .02.

10. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

According to the Glock Armorer's Parts list they are the same.

Nuking, if the ejector was the wrong one, there would have been a noticeable issue on the first shot and other subsequent shots afterward. There were none.

I'm actually going to buy some GAP ammo so I can shoot this thing some more because it's a fun gun to shoot.

11. Good to know. I wasnt sure how that worked, i have never done anything like this. Really cool project