For days you cannot tuck under your shirt or pants

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by dutchs, May 4, 2012.

1. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Guys, this is the Merlin Pack, found it on Glockstore, being in the position i am where i just cant leave a shirt hanging out or have a IWB on and that i have a gut so all things dont work for me this has been exactly what the doctor ordered! It has my G21 an extra mag, although i figured out i can put my G23 in where the mag is and double carry if i feel the need, a pocket big enough for my alumawallet and a place for my large smartphone and a pen, i love it, very comfortable and will fit guys up to 56 inch waist!

ForumRunner_20120504_090015.jpg

ForumRunner_20120504_090035.jpg

ForumRunner_20120504_090055.jpg

ForumRunner_20120504_090112.jpg

ForumRunner_20120504_090126.jpg

ForumRunner_20120504_090141.jpg

2. Blades

Blades Senior Member

Thanks for the pictures.

3. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Just wondering, what do you all think? It works well for me and i think it appears to be pretty benign?

4. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

It does look benign. Is it comfortable to wear?

5. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Yes. It really is very much just like a full fanny pack. You can get them to fit small and medium frame guns or large, it has pretty heavy duty quick disconnect clips and you basic tactical belt material on the waist. I wasnt sure about it because it was a little pricy but now i have worn it several days it has been worth the spend.

6. Blades

Blades Senior Member

I agree with it being "benign". I wouldn't expect it to hold a full size handgun, much less two. I like it, and am considering purchasing one.

7. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

I use it a lot now.

8. Blades

Blades Senior Member

It wold be useful during the summer, I could still wear an untucked shirt and it would cover a lot of this pouch.

9. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

I wear the panama style shirts that you dont tuck and it covers up the whole thing.

10. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

Do you get the "look at that weirdo" stare down in public?
    Looks comfortable.

11. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

that made me lol :D

12. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Actually, I have an insulin pump and it goes there as well with a tube hanging out so I get that" He's gonna explode look" And they usually just kinda stare and walk away!!!:eek::D

13. rickjames

Seriously? Hahaha.
    With the oxygen tubes attached to your nose.

14. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

No oxygen yet!:D Too gassy for that........:eek:

15. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

I get that look no matter what I'm wearing. I have several looks I give in return that work pretty well.

Nice carry Dutchs, I'll probably try one when my old pouch/pack finally wears out.

16. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

I like to joke as you know so I almost always play along, but seriously, this pack has been everything I want for carrying when I need to do it say"unconventional" No one has EVER known what is really in it without me telling them.

17. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

And I am just old enough that I don't care what people think it looks like:eek::D

18. rickjames

That's what matters. If carry in a bra, then who cares what others think. Haha.
    But for real its like a lifeline pouch. How quick can you unzip it and draw your weapon? Assuming its chambered?

19. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

It is chambered and it has a special unzip strap that you can have it in under a few seconds. As fast as pulling up your shirt if you have a holster tucked. And I have an extra magazine in it.

20. rickjames

That's awesome.