Glock Firearms banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
This is a great debate about which pistol caliber sucks less.
;) Yep. That's why I can't see getting dragged too deep into the constant & inevitable caliber wars like '9mm vs .45', etc. They're most all on the same scale to one degree or another; all of which are on the lower end of yuck.

·
Super Moderator
62,908 Posts
;) Yep. That's why I can't see getting dragged too deep into the constant & inevitable caliber wars like '9mm vs .45', etc. They're most all on the same scale to one degree or another; all of which are on the lower end of yuck.
Agreed!

·
Registered
97 Posts
The original post could have been written by me. All I can add is that I also have two +2 mags on hand and a +1 in the gun. But after decades of 5 or 6 shot Smiths and 8-9 shot 1911s, I can't really buy into the need to have 10 or 13 or 16 or 18 in the gun and if not to stay home.

It may just be my impression, but the 43 has less felt recoil than any 1911 and over the years I've had more of 'ol slab sides specimens than I can remember on which I base my opinion.

But I do cheat a little as when I feel the need, the 43 becomes backup to my 30S .45. That New York reload gives me 19 shots.

The 30S ALSO runs rings around lugging a 1911 along. And with Corbon's +P .45 muzzle energy is closing in on 500fpe, more with .45 Super, and it still allows faster followups than the 1911. As to the better trigger of a tuned 1911, yes, true. If I wanted a target pistol, no Glock makes the grade. Same in pistol hunting where one shot of precision at distance and a crisp trigger is really important. For that, and me, it will always be a good .44 revolver.

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
I heard of a few schools putting buckets full of rocks or other projectiles for active shooter defense.
Whatever.
Libs just refuse to concede that a good guy with a gun is the best answer for a bad guy with a gun.
A gun is just a better way to throw a rock.

Reactions: Danzig

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
...after decades of 5 or 6 shot Smiths and 8-9 shot 1911s, I can't really buy into the need to have 10 or 13 or 16 or 18 in the gun...
Same here, but with the caveat that it's due to my personal circumstances and situation. If we were back in a more urban area, I'd still be carrying a higher-cap gun as I used to do. For that matter, if I were still LE, I'd still be carrying a more-penetrative ammo than I do now.

To a degree, what works well in one circumstance may be a poor choice elsewhere. But in my particular situation - ludicrously rural (less than 50 people per square mile in our county :cool: ), plus carrying a backup gun in my off-side front pocket, plus the glock 19 in the truck - I'm fine with a 9-shot 9mm as primary.

·
Republic Of Texas & 50K Contest Winner Member
3,075 Posts
Liked my G 43 so much I bought an SS80 kit and built a lower.
Its a shame that the G43's aren't built here in America and why doesn't Glock offer a folding knife to go with the Firearm?
They do have a bayonet, I keep one on my G17

642100_03_beautiful_glock_17_9mm_gen_4_h_640.jpg

Not my gun, found the picture on the web

Reactions: Island Life

·
Premium Member
13,272 Posts
532060452.855563.jpg

I bought one of those bayonets just to take a pic with it on one of my Glocks. They crack me up!!!

·
3,075 Posts
this is my G17.3 W/bayonet

G17 bayonet.jpg

·
3,075 Posts
21 - 40 of 43 Posts