Fobus E2 Paddle Holster?

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by ggill09, Apr 16, 2014.

1. ggill09

ggill09 New Member

So I know this is a pretty common question, but I am looking at getting an OWB holster for competition. I have heard good things about Fobus for glocks; would people with a Fobus recommend it for a 19? Whenever I read reviews online no one ever says what they use it for so that doesn't really help.

2. aDave

aDave Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

I used to have a Fobus and didn't really care for it. I know lot's of folks use them and like them, but it just wasn't for me. It happened to be a paddle, and that was the last paddle I have owned. I am a firm believer in a belt holster for OWB, because I like the fact that it isn't going anywhere.

For IDPA I bought a Bladetech, though I can't remember which model it is. I like kydex holsters, and there is a slight bit of tension that can be adjusted for retention. If you are set on competitions, you should observe some of the matches and pick the brains of folks about what they use and why. Maybe you've done that already.

Dave

3. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

I like the fobus Evolution belt "slide" type holsters:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001C0GA8S/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A23J2U563U7RE9

QUick in and out with a retention screw for adjustment.

This holster works well for competition.

I wouldn't recommend the paddle version for competition.

HTH
    D

4. jhelper

jhelper Active Member

I use Fobus for all OWB carry, love them, easy, simple and light...

Sent from my iPod touch using Glock Forum