Fleet Farm loves 9mm?

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by rickjames, Jun 2, 2012.

1. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

They ONLY have great deals on 9mm whether it's the $8.49 wolf i picked up today.
    Or the $9.97 remington green box I grabbed a month ago.
    I have yet to see a sale for any other pistol caliber. Anyone else notice this that has a local fleet farm?

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Never heard of Fleet Farm...

Got a link...?

3. rickjames

4. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

5. We have a Farm & Fleet here and they do have some deals but never really any deals on .45 acp.

6. For the sake of those who are not from the area:
    Wisconsin (and some surrounding states) have two chains of stores: Farm & Fleet, and Fleet Farm. The "story" is that they used to be one which was run by a pair of brothers. But the brothers argued over something, went their separate ways, and formed these two very similar, yet competing, chains.

Learn more HERE

Because the nearest one is 30 miles away, I haven't really checked them for ammo prices.

7. rickjames

Thanks for the info, I always wondered why there were two very similar stores. Now I know, sweet.

8. jmanwill

jmanwill New Member

Founded in 1955 by brothers W.C. (Claude) Blain and N.B. (Bert) Blain, Blain’s Farm & Fleet stores are specialty discount retailers with 33 locations throughout Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa.

Also in 1955, Stewart C. Mills, Sr., and his sons, Stewart Jr. and Henry C. MIlls II, opened the first Fleet Wholesale Supply in Marshfield, WI. Brothers were involved in both companies, but they appear to be unrelated.

The 2 brothers in a fight made a much better story.

9. rickjames

Ahhhh. It does make a better story. The stores are very similar. I got my 23 gen4 on sale at fleet farm