Glock Firearms banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I know it holds 10 but I was just loading it with 8 found the spring in both mags to be fair strong I did load 10 at times but found 8-9 to be easy to load. 10 took a good amount of pressure. Mind that this is my carry gun I am posting a pic that I shot at 25-30 yards. I thought for my first time shooting with it and first time I have been to the range in 6 plus months that I did well with 12 inch targets.

Attachments

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Welcome to the Glock Forum !!

Nice group...don't ya hate those flyers...always one to spoil the group !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes hate the flyer but I jerked the trigger. This was my last mag out off 200 rounds started to get a little tired.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Looking good Click Clack!! Gotta love getting back to the range!!

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
Gotta love the G30! If it's been that long since you hit the range and it's with a new gun then I'd say you're doing just fine, even if it WAS at the end of the session.

Good stuff!

·
46 Posts
Just got a 30sf myself about 3 weeks ago and love it. I love it better with the 21 clip in it since I have big hands more finger room but congrats on your md30.

·
Registered
448 Posts
click-clack said:
Yes I know it holds 10 but I was just loading it with 8 found the spring in both mags to be fair strong I did load 10 at times but found 8-9 to be easy to load. 10 took a good amount of pressure. Mind that this is my carry gun I am posting a pic that I shot at 25-30 yards. I thought for my first time shooting with it and first time I have been to the range in 6 plus months that I did well with 12 inch targets.
That's a nice group for that distance!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yep nice group there. I have the G30SF and I gotta tell ya, it is way more accurate than I will ever be. Like one poster stated, the G21 mag and an A&G extension get you a good grip and 13 rounds to boot. Nice for range use and to carry as a spare mag as well.

·
Registered
149 Posts
wish i could group like that at 25 yards . I do well with my g21 and the wifes G19 . I do best when i can find 185 gr 45 ACP

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RogerH said:
wish i could group like that at 25 yards . I do well with my g21 and the wifes G19 . I do best when i can find 185 gr 45 ACP
I was using 185 gr target rounds from Winchester FMJ. I will shoot some more in the following weeks and try to get sharper.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got 30sf myself and looking forward to shooting it

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to use a 29sf slide on the 30sf frame. And I it's not possible can you use barrels made for 29sf in the 30sf. I would like to be able to shoot some different calibers from the 30sf without having to get a whole new gun. Any info on this would be greatly apprecaite and the picture of your shooting makes me excited about shooting mine. I believe I will load some 45 shells for the weekend. Thanks again for any help with this. Oh one more thing, does anyone know where I can get a good set of schematics for both the 29sg and 30sf? That way I will be able to know what will work in each of the guns. Thanks again for any help.

·
Premium Member
13,754 Posts
I am not positive, but I think you have to use a 29 barrel, heavier spring, and 10mm magizine.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yes the 29SF slide assembly will work on the 30SF frame but you will have to use G29 mags as the 10mm ammo will just slop around and slide out of the g30SF mags. Not to sure why you wish to do that though, as .45acp is more than enough bullet to do the job and I really don't think you would use the compact 10mm for hunting. I realize that the 10mm can be driven at much faster velocities and the knock down factor is a little higher, and I am a 10mm fan, but to each his own. As far as schematics, you can find what you need on the internet using Google!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks do much guys. It's not so much the need to have a different caliber for the potential of having something better then the 45. It's more just having fun with different calibers and shooting them. I reload for all my guns so to me is just about having fun with different stuff. I agree the 45 will do any job I need it to do, but to be able to play with things like 9x25 Dillion, or 10mm, or 400 corbon, or 40 super in the same gun just seem to intrigue me. It's really nothing more then that. Maybe you can understand just a little, but thank you for the info. I called Glock and they would not really give me a solid answer. Take care and I appreciate the info so very much.

·
Registered
72 Posts
A few years ago I went all Glock for my carry and range guns. I sold my SA XD45 and picked up a G30SF. It's by far the softest shooting .45 cal. I've ever owned. I carry mine with a 9 rnd magazine instead of the stock 10 rnd. I carry a G21 magazine for backup. It's all I can ask for in a big bore ccw and fun gun.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.