First time shooting

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by arcticcirclern, May 31, 2012.

1. arcticcirclern

arcticcirclern New Member

Took my new Glock 19 Gen 4 out for a bit this morning. This is my first attempt at shooting a handgun. Was shooting from between 12-20 feet. I will continue to work at it. Maybe try shooting when it is a little warmer (was 30F this morning while I was out).

Attached Files:

2. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Looks great for a first time shooter! Don't you just love it!

3. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

Looks great, now you have the bug. Welcome to the club.

4. Miniquik

Miniquik New Member

5. n8tv

n8tv New Member

Man where do you live that it's still 30. Of course I live in the south and we might see 30 once a year. Haha

6. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

I'm guessing north of Fairbanks somewhere in the arctic circle..... and he is a RN (registered nurse) lol

7. arcticcirclern

I live in the small town of Kotzebue, Alaska. 33 miles above the Arctic Circle. I am moving back to Minneapolis, MN in July though...warmer weather here I come. :)

8. n8tv

n8tv New Member

Oh ok. I live in south Louisiana where it's hot all the time.

9. Joer

Joer New Member

We took our new ( to us ) G22 to the range last night to whack some paper. We were using the 4 yard line since that's what they train with and I moved to the 7 yard line and did OK there as well. I need to learn to use less trigger finger, ( I was pulling them left just a little. Or as I like to think, I was almost perfect north and south but then I was a little more west than east.:D
    Regardless all of the holes in the paper would have done the desired job.

10. hoovco

hoovco New Member

You know it's cold when you call Minneapolis warmer weather.

11. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Nice job arcticcirclern! My first time shooting was no where near that good.

12. arcticcirclern

Warm enough for me :) I don't need the constant heat, I like the changing of seasons a little, just not 9 months of winter and 3 of summer like here.

13. arcticcirclern

Thanks. I will continue to improve, just need to plug more rounds down range.