First time Shooting a G26

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by jar79, Mar 3, 2012.

1. jar79

jar79 New Member

first i would like to start today was the first time i have ever fired a gun. About 3 weeks ago i went to a gun shop looking to make my first gun purchase for range fun and home defense. I was on a budget and was talked into a Ruger LC9. After my purchase i youtubed LC9 and saw a few videos but the one that suck out was the beloved Hickok45. So i started looking at his other videos and he has many and is a Glock lover. So i started reading and watching videos on Glocks. Went back to the same Gun Shop and held the G19 and G26. the G26 just felt right in my hands. So earlier this week i bought it. Today was the day and i finally was able to go to the range. I had 2 clips for the LC9 and 4 clips for the G26. I started with the LC9 then to G26. For me today was about getting familar with guns and not aiming. (thats my excuse for being all over the target and im sticking to it). After Going through all the mags i noticed a big difference and tripper pull, the LC9 has a long one. Now i wish i would have started Glock. I'm in love it just felt right in my hands. Now i want to trade in the LC9 for a G19,G23 or GG27. Man i wish i had some more rounds to shoot.

Sorry for the rambling just the words of a Glock noob.

2. Grabber GT

Grabber GT New Member

Ohio
    Oh man...watch out for the gun bug! I got it bad, just ask my wife. And this forum just feeds the fire. I bought my first gun last Oct and it was on. So much fun and I can't get enough! Great fun and great forum. Enjoy. Oh yeah, and I too am a huge hickok45 fan.

3. jar79

jar79 New Member

i got it bad before my gun purchase i probably been to a gunstore 2-3 times. now i am doing that a week. the guy just laughs at me. but he is real helpful show me how to field strip each one and is going to show me how to clean them when its that time. but i have the bug bad.

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Nothing wrong with the bug...just got to feed it now and then !!

Congrats...and welcome to our world !!

5. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

The 26 is an awesome little weapon. Great choice!

6. jar79

jar79 New Member

yes it is i love it.

7. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

Welcome jar79

I to just bought my first handgun about 2 Weeks ago. It was a G26. I really like it a lot. I have shot maybe 400 rounds through it. Talking about the bug, it happens quickly. I thought I really just wanted one firearm & to be really good with it. But now, only two weeks later, I have been looking to see what's next. Good Stuff!!! Oh, this forum does feed the bug too. I have already painted my letters and gotten new sights (Advantage Tactical), Extended Slide Release and Magazine Release (Vicker's) and a in waist band Holster (Parker).

8. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Yes, being a G26 carrier myself, I can identify with the feeling of having it in your hand, sighting downrage, and blowing the X out of the paper....I liken it to the feeling of petting a unicorn, and she turns her head to you and winks ;)

9. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Ohio
    Also carry a G26 with pride and confidence, have put about 1150 rds through it, and she is yet to have any hiccups, and like stated above, can destroy the bullseye with ease with this weapon.... This is by far, one of my favorite, I carry a G21 Gen 4 on duty, only because that is issued to me by my department..... I like the 26 better and carry it on duty also as a BUG.

Can not go wrong with the 26, bit hey, you can not go wrong with anything that has Glock imprinted on it

10. Wolfgang2000

Wolfgang2000 New Member

I got my G26 the first year they came out. Between then and retirement in 2001 I put close to 5K through mine. It is still my constant companion.

11. porktaco

porktaco New Member

The g26 is an amazing pistol. I had one in the late 90s- sold it, and regretted it until I recently bought another g26 gen3. It felt like I reconnected with an old friend. Have you seen the video of hickock45 shooting the 26 at the gong at 230 yards? You've got to search for it if you haven't. Amazing what that pistol is capable of in the right hands!

12. cmiddleton

cmiddleton New Member

I think Hickok's gong is 80 yards.

13. porktaco

porktaco New Member

Yeah- normally it is. Get on YouTube and search for g26 @ 230 yards. Your jaw will drop.

14. porktaco

porktaco New Member

15. NvRBanArms

NvRBanArms Member

Same here. Every time I get drunk I end up watching Hickok videos. I got the bug like crazy. And this forum doesn't help. And my girl hates it. Lol

16. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

17. cmiddleton

cmiddleton New Member

Wow. Just wow. That is a long travel for a bullet from such a small handgun/barrel.

Such a huge margin of error, if he turns that barrel just a fraction of a millimeter, he doesnt hit it.