First time Glock owner from Texas

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Shadow, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Shadow

Shadow New Member

Hi all, just wanted to say that I'm a new Glock owner and proud of it. A little late to the party, but with no kids at home anymore, I now have some spare play money for myself. I picked up a G17 (GEN4) today at the gun show and couldn't be happier.....:D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  2. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

3. Shadow

Shadow New Member

Thanks. I've wanted one for years but couldn't really afford one due to other priorities. I think that I did pretty good for the first time around, unfortunately, I only shot about 50 rounds today in a hurry but the 17 shot like a dream.

4. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

Of course it did, it's. Glock !! ;)

5. Ricochet

Ricochet New Member

Texas
    Welcome to the forum. What part of Texas are you from?

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum Shadow !!

Nice G17...

7. Shadow

Shadow New Member

Thanks, guys....I'm down here in Corpus Christi, the 'sparkling city by the sea' although some people may not agree with that so much now.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  8. webroach

webroach New Member

Shadow, welcome to the forum! Very nice G17... I've been thinking that may be my next Glock!

9. Ricochet

Ricochet New Member

Texas
    Nothing wrong with that. I have been there several times. Been a few years though lol.

10. Shadow

Shadow New Member

I'd highly recommend it, even though it is my first Glock. I've handled previous Glock models and the GEN4 handle texture is what really had me sold on this 17. Of course, the three magazines, speed loader, cleaning supplies, awesome case, reputation, etc., etc., really helped in making up my mind. :D

11. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

Welcome to the forum!!!!

12. tjw5198

tjw5198 New Member

Looks good! I bought a gen4 g23 and its my first too and I am so happy and even happier when I bought a Galco iwb holster for it! Look into one, there perfect fits!