Glock Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, I just purchased my first glock (26) and took her to the range with my 12-year old son. he shot first, at about 10 yards,and grouped his shots well within a five inch area. Then I went, we had 3 eight inch targets on the board and I hit nothing!. How embarrasssing. My son was cracking up. I was mad sad. I'm 47 and have been shooting all my adult life; I traded in a Ruger p85 and a taurus 38 revolver when I bought the 26 and shot both well. Do glock sights take getting used to? Are there resources for sight picture and glocks available? Should I just buy new trijicon sights and if so is the install easy.... Any tips greatly appreciated. I did ebay some pearce extenders to assist me. I intend to use my glock for my ccw when I get it, but am now concerned... thanks

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the forum pippin!! Enjoy!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks dutchs. love my glock, just wish I could hit what I'm aiming at! Any forum brothers in spring hill, fl who are expert at changing sights?

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Welcome to the Forum pippin.

I'd reconsider changing the sights right off. If your son is marking pretty good, and hitting a 6 inch bull at 30 feet is some fair shooting, then perhaps what's causing you to have issues is't totally sight related. You might try cutting the distance a bit, and see if you can get it to group for you. That would give you a place to start.

Unless you just can't pick up the sights that are on the pistol, then by all means, get out to some LGS & shop till you find some that work. You'll know them when you see them. Most LGS will swap sights out for free if you buy the new ones from them.

Good Luck -

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! This is a great community. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Start at about 5 to 7 yards and continue to move back and see what happens.
I don't think getting new sights right off will help you find your per-say "sweet spot".
Good luck!!! I'm sure you will tune her in.

·
Premium Member
5,924 Posts
Welcome to the forum. A great place with great people.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shot approx 200 rounds today. Did much better. But I must say I don't like th stock sights much. I am considering purchasing some truglo tfo's. Any thoughts on them?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts