First Ticket Ever

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jsimion423, Apr 15, 2012.

1. jsimion423

jsimion423 New Member

I I got my first ticket ever today, it was for speeding. It's nice to see that my fellow LEOs just don't give a flying F*** about brother hood. 43 in a 30.......

2. sigpi11

sigpi11 New Member

You are the law. Not above the law!

3. jsimion423

jsimion423 New Member

Very true. It still would have been a funny picture police car on police car lol

4. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

Right, wrong, or indifferent......Cops usually don't write other cops, EMTs, or firefighters tickets. For alot of cops that does not extend to volunteer fire fighters or auxillary cops. There are exceptions to every rule though, I know some cops that really would write their own mother a ticket.

Don't ever expect that a cop should let you off because you are a cop. A sense of entitlement is the worst thing you can pick up in the career

5. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

43 in an 30 is kinda on the excessive side, don't you think?

6. jsimion423

jsimion423 New Member

I just find the whole thing kinda funny, yes I was wrong and I do tend to speed as most of us do so it's all good. Kinda opens my eyes.

7. sigpi11

sigpi11 New Member

Now to respond to my own statement.

I work for the state and my vehicle is parked beside the fuel house where all the county law enforcement get fuel (city, county, state and conservation officers very small county). I have been giving verbal warnings for traffic violations (usually at a later time). So I do understand your resentment.

8. bhale187

resentment over a verbal warning?

9. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

By the way, JS, did you ever get with Havasu or TXShooter about your vendor accreditation?

10. jsimion423

jsimion423 New Member

11. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Gotcha.

I was just curious, your username and status hasn't changed to reflect it, is why I asked.

Cheers!

12. sigpi11

sigpi11 New Member

I have no resentment. I have never received a fine always been warnings. I've been very lucky. I was stating if I was a LEO and received a ticket I would have been upset.

13. bhale187

gotcha, and I guess I can see the resentment a cop would have for getting aticket, but honestly they shouldn't have any resentment if they stop and think about it. Cops are no better than anyone else, and if another cop thought they deserved a ticket they probably did.

14. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Look familiar...?!

[​IMG]

15. sigpi11

sigpi11 New Member

image-908925419.jpg

image-2968397359.jpg

Or was it this?

16. bhale187

I've seen that one a few times before, it caused a big stir in the LE community nation wide.

Good example of a wound too tight trooper, and a city officer who thinks the laws don't apply to him (although he did take it all well in stride-things could have turned very ugly had he decided to asshat up)

17. SHOOTER13

Is that a Statey pulling over a marked local car !?

...with his side arm out ??

18. bhale187

her side arm out, yes

[ame]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b31_1320267564[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aBykLfKMeQ[/ame]

19. SHOOTER13

I know Hollywood Florida...Broward county.

What was the charge...and the repercussions !?

20. bhale187

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/crime/sweet-revenge-cop-sentenced-speeding

C/P

A Miami police officer who was arrested in October for driving 120mph has been sentenced by a Miami-Dade County judge.
    Officer Fausto Lopez ignored the flashing blue lights of highway patrol trooper DJ Watts on October 11, 2011, as he more than doubled the speed limit on his way to an off-duty job. Trooper Watts observed Lopez changing lanes erratically and weaving between trucks for over seven minutes before Lopez finally pulled over.
    Officer Lopez was ordered out of the car at gunpoint, cuffed and arrested.
    Today, a judge slapped Lopez with $3,300 in fines and 100 hours of community service.