Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I I got my first ticket ever today, it was for speeding. It's nice to see that my fellow LEOs just don't give a flying F*** about brother hood. 43 in a 30.......

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Right, wrong, or indifferent......Cops usually don't write other cops, EMTs, or firefighters tickets. For alot of cops that does not extend to volunteer fire fighters or auxillary cops. There are exceptions to every rule though, I know some cops that really would write their own mother a ticket.

Don't ever expect that a cop should let you off because you are a cop. A sense of entitlement is the worst thing you can pick up in the career

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just find the whole thing kinda funny, yes I was wrong and I do tend to speed as most of us do so it's all good. Kinda opens my eyes.

·
Registered
275 Posts
jsimion423 said:
Very true. It still would have been a funny picture police car on police car lol
Now to respond to my own statement.

I work for the state and my vehicle is parked beside the fuel house where all the county law enforcement get fuel (city, county, state and conservation officers very small county). I have been giving verbal warnings for traffic violations (usually at a later time). So I do understand your resentment.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Now to respond to my own statement.

I work for the state and my vehicle is parked beside the fuel house where all the county law enforcement get fuel (city, county, state and conservation officers very small county). I have been giving verbal warnings for traffic violations (usually at a later time). So I do understand your resentment.
resentment over a verbal warning?

·
Registered
275 Posts
bhale187 said:
resentment over a verbal warning?
I have no resentment. I have never received a fine always been warnings. I've been very lucky. I was stating if I was a LEO and received a ticket I would have been upset.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
I have no resentment. I have never received a fine always been warnings. I've been very lucky. I was stating if I was a LEO and received a ticket I would have been upset.
gotcha, and I guess I can see the resentment a cop would have for getting aticket, but honestly they shouldn't have any resentment if they stop and think about it. Cops are no better than anyone else, and if another cop thought they deserved a ticket they probably did.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
I've seen that one a few times before, it caused a big stir in the LE community nation wide.

Good example of a wound too tight trooper, and a city officer who thinks the laws don't apply to him (although he did take it all well in stride-things could have turned very ugly had he decided to asshat up)

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Is that a Statey pulling over a marked local car !?

...with his side arm out ??
her side arm out, yes

[ame]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b31_1320267564[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aBykLfKMeQ[/ame]

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
I know Hollywood Florida...Broward county.

What was the charge...and the repercussions !?

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
I know Hollywood Florida...Broward county.

What was the charge...and the repercussions !?
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/crime/sweet-revenge-cop-sentenced-speeding

C/P

A Miami police officer who was arrested in October for driving 120mph has been sentenced by a Miami-Dade County judge.
Officer Fausto Lopez ignored the flashing blue lights of highway patrol trooper DJ Watts on October 11, 2011, as he more than doubled the speed limit on his way to an off-duty job. Trooper Watts observed Lopez changing lanes erratically and weaving between trucks for over seven minutes before Lopez finally pulled over.
Officer Lopez was ordered out of the car at gunpoint, cuffed and arrested.
Today, a judge slapped Lopez with $3,300 in fines and 100 hours of community service.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts