First Shots - G19 - Advice/Feedback Please

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by CJFinkle, Jul 4, 2014.

1. CJFinkle

CJFinkle New Member

Hey All,

I just purchased a new Glock 19 and this is my first post on a Glock forum.

So I finally got a chance to take the gun to the range the other day and the options were either 10 yards or 25 yards. At 25 yards, I could barely make out the darn target, so I stuck with 10 yards! :)

Anyway, here are my first 25-ish shots, using 115gr Freedom Munitions target ammo. I had zero problems with the ammo, but as you can tell, I did have some problems with where I was putting the rounds on paper. For most of the shots, the grouping was fairly tight for my first time shooting, but of course, my consistency got took a dump as I shot because I started to think too much. Those 5 or so flyers outside of the box are the result of me questioning each of those pulls.

Can anyone give me feedback on what a shooter is generally doing wrong if virtually all of his/her rounds land due west of the intended target? I'm not off by a huge distance, but the consistency of the shot placement tells me I'm doing something consistently incorrect.

I did have someone else there and he shot both his G19 and my own, back to back and he was putting the same ammo, through the same targets/distance in the same place (dead on), with both G19's. This leads me to believe the sights are fine. Perhaps it's my own sight, but I think it's simply something mechanical that I am doing incorrectly.

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance!

2. Cracker7

Cracker7 Heckler & Koch

Congrats and welcome. Nice shooting. Maybe this will help

ImageUploadedByGlock Forum1404475295.900957.jpg

Cracker7

3. CJFinkle

CJFinkle New Member

Thank you for the chart, that does help!

Can anyone tell me what it means in the 8 o'clock part of the chart, "tightening fingers"? Which fingers is this referring to?

Thanks!

4. jefro36

jefro36 Active Member

Welcome to Forum!! Best advise I could give is shoot more! And maybe find a range that has a 7yrd line! Goodluck!!

5. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner Member

Grettings from Georgia. From what I see you are off to a good start. Some first timers can't hit the paper.

6. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Member

As others said keep practicing. I've found that the majority of people new to Glocks have a tendency to shoot left and/or low left.

Tightening fingers would indicate unintentionally squeezing fingers around grip when pulling trigger. This would can't the muzzle left just as trigger breaks. (Right hand shooter)

Sent from my iPhone

7. CJFinkle

CJFinkle New Member

Thanks everyone - I found an indoor range that is fairly local and you can shoot from any distance you choose, up to 25 feet away. I think I'm going to head there this week and get some practice in at first 5 yards, then 7. I know it will just take time and lots of ammo to reach the accuracy level I'd like to be at someday.