Glock Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

First shots with the Ruger GP100 Wiley Clapp.
Testing with a variety of 38spl ammo (cheap steel, aluminum and brass) including Hornady Critical Duty. 7 yards only.:rolleyes:

Ready to start rolling...:cool:

Cylinder loaded with fun pills (steel cases were super sticky as usual :oops:)

The sights a little different, I had to focus or POI would be a little low :confused:

The gun is heavy so not a lot of difference when using warm magnums. POI was quite similar to 38spl. :cool:

This never happened to me with a Glock! o_O
I guess a new safe queen has been born.

Thanks for reading! :D

·
Banned
867 Posts
Me, I'm used to the other one with a hogue grip.
Once corrected, no issues.
So, it is just from the gun hitting your hand from the recoil of the shot ? I'm not at all experienced with higher powered revolvers. My .22 High Standard Double Nine revolver does not do that to me.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, it is just from the gun hitting your hand from the recoil of the shot ? I'm not at all experienced with higher powered revolvers. My .22 High Standard Double Nine revolver does not do that to me.
yep, if holding the gun with a higher grip... the skin is close to the hammer.... summer and warm weather.... it's slipping easily when shooting.

·
Premium Member
12,886 Posts
IMG_2219.jpg

I run the hogue mono grip on my SP101. Your GP100 is so cool looking though. The mono grip would take away from it. I spent a good hour looking at gp100 grips, & grip panels last night. Then I found VZ grips I want for my ZT 0350 edc knife...
IMG_1143.jpg

IMG_1142.jpg

·
Glockin’ since 1993
35,880 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts