First Pistol

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dickensheets, Jul 28, 2012.

1. dickensheets

dickensheets New Member

Hello.

Just acquired A G17G4. I'm all over the paper with this thing. Practice I guess.

Just wanted to say hi. Ryan, Colorado

2. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Hey Ryan!! Welcome to the forum! You'll get it soon and you'll love it!

3. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum! This is a great community. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

4. Welcome to the forum dickensheets!!! Lovely choice for a first glock!! Practice makes perfect!!! :D

5. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum Ryan. This is a gret place full of great people.

6. RRoss

RRoss If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it! Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome Ryan! [​IMG] The G17 is a great gun. No worries though, you'll get more proficient every trip. 3 things to remember:
    Take your time...quality over quantity.
    Breathe. Sometimes you get caught up in the rush of the shoot. Oxygen increases brain function and therefore muscle control.
    Learn to shoot with both eyes open. You're not going to take aim in a life or death situation. :)
    Welcome to the forum and looking forward to seeing you around.

7. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome!

You're on paper. That's the first step. Remember, Practice doesn't make perfect, it makes permanent.

train, train, train. :D

What part of CO?

D

8. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum can't really figure out the problem with the information given but things will even out with practice or maby a few lessons the key at this point is grip and trigger control where in Colorado I may be able to recomond someone who can help locally,

9. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Welcome to the Glock Forum Ryan!
    Stick around, you will like it here!

10. dickensheets

dickensheets New Member

I'm in Loveland. My neighbor is a gunsmith, he is gonna give me some pointers for practice.

Thanks all.

11. fuzzytofu

fuzzytofu Glocker

VA
    Just got my first pistol yesterday,out 11 rounds through it today. G21

Attached Files:

12. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome, FuzzyTofu. The only "fuzzy" tofu I know of is the really old "stinky tofu" in asia. Do you like Stinky Tofu? Or is your screen name another thing?

You might as well start your own introduction thread. You might get lost in the shuffle on this one.

D

13. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello dickensheets (Ryan), and WELCOME to the Forum!

If you are having difficulty with your accuracy, let us know what you are doing and what the results are....lots of people here will be more than willing to help out!

Cheers!

14. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello Fuzzytofu, and WELCOME to the Forum as well!

Like DWC said, you may be better off starting a new Intro thread, so as not to get lost in this one.

Again, WELCOME!