Glock Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother in law approached me while my wife and I were vacationing in west palm. We were in bass pro in ft lauderdale whe he asked what I think about him getting his CWP and a handgun and what he should get. Well needless to say as a gunsmith I was ecstatic. But knowing his lack of firearm experience having never shot a gun before in his life. I definitely suggested a glock because well you al know. But he asked about size and calibre I told him as far as size goes what ever feels most comfortable in your hand and you feel you can conceal easily. Now for calibre I am not to sure my first was a G23. But I sugested for him either a 19 or a 26. What do you all think?

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I have a G23 that has become my EDC and I think it is the perfect one for that. Now I know some will disagree, but to me it is the perfect size, most comfortable to carry and the right firepower. JMHO

·
I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!
998 Posts
Depends on how he takes the so called "snappy" recoil of the 40 cal glocks. Personally I'd suggest the g19. Easier to grip for somebody that isn't used to firearms in the first place.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Depends on how he takes the so called "snappy" recoil of the 40 cal glocks. Personally I'd suggest the g19. Easier to grip for somebody that isn't used to firearms in the first place.
JMO, I think the snappy thing is a myth, never seemed that way to me at all. The 19 is nice too though.

·
I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!
998 Posts
I don't believe it either. But people I have shot with have told me thats how they feel, and its all over the interwebz

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I don't believe it either. But people I have shot with have told me thats how they feel, and its all over the interwebz
It is kind of weird to me to hear people say it. I have a 21 and a 23, I like them pretty much the same, they both have great qualities and great firepower, they do tend differently, obviously with the .40 and .45 cal. but the whole "snappy thing" I just haven't ever felt. 1000's of rounds down range as well!! Oh well.......

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dutchs said:
It is kind of weird to me to hear people say it. I have a 21 and a 23, I like them pretty much the same, they both have great qualities and great firepower, they do tend differently, obviously with the .40 and .45 cal. but the whole "snappy thing" I just haven't ever felt. 1000's of rounds down range as well!! Oh well.......
I don't get it either. But I made a deal with him. He's going to come to ST Pete in a couple weeks and going to shoot my 26, 23, 22, and my buddy's 19 and 17. But either way he's probably going to end up with a glock.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I don't get it either. But I made a deal with him. He's going to come to ST Pete in a couple weeks and going to shoot my 26, 23, 22, and my buddy's 19 and 17. But either way he's probably going to end up with a glock.
Now that is SMART!! Let him get the feel he likes the most! Well done Gunsmithie! Good luck and have fun!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts