Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Looking to purchase my first glock. I am looking for something in 9mm, which I have narrowed down to a 17 or 19. I will be using it for some range shooting (nothing competitive) and also it will be for home defense. Lastly could either of these be used for conceded carry easily? The seem to be fairly close in size.

Thanks in advance

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome Jsrsrex! Enjoy the forum and Cograts. on choosing Glock. A lot of the others in here carry the 17 and 19, I have a 21 and 23 and carry both at different times. Lots of stuff out there. You might look into our vendor Mike P at Defensive Holsters, he can get you what you want!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Jsrsrex said:
Hello

Looking to purchase my first glock. I am looking for something in 9mm, which I have narrowed down to a 17 or 19. I will be using it for some range shooting (nothing competitive) and also it will be for home defense. Lastly could either of these be used for conceded carry easily? The seem to be fairly close in size.

Thanks in advance
Welcome to the forum jsrsrex... We had the same prob hehe... But i went with the 17... Kinda the same but 19 is a bit smaller not much of a difference there are so many sights that could give u a side by side comparison but both are great glocks so u wont go wrong on anyway... Gud luck on the glock :)

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! I have a 17 and 19. I started with the 19. It's a great all around firearm and I think it's a little more concealable. I hope you enjoy it here.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hello

Thanks in advance
I have handled both and I prefer the 19 because the grip is better for me. I use that for concealed carry and it is the perfect size.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Another vote for the 19. Works great on the range and still a good size for HD. It's been said around here before, doesn't matter which you get first you'll end up with both!

·
Registered
653 Posts
I own 2 Glock 19s. Well I have one and my wife has one and they Re great all around. If you are planning on concealing it I would go for the 19. If not then the 17 would be great for the range and HD. I conceal my 19 with a crossbreed super tuck deluxe and have never had an issue. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Jsrsrex said:
Hello

Thanks in advance
Welcome. Def go with the g19! You will love it!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
In February I was going to buy my first Glock/handgun. Was pretty set on the 17 until I went to the gun shop... though not much different in size, the 19 suited ME better for carrying. Depends on you totally, and your comfort with the weapon. I am glad I started with a 19... it's a fine piece, as is ANY Glock, I'm sure.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the forum. IF you are going to use it as both a range, HD, and CCW, then the 19 would be the best choice to suit all three. Eventually you will have both. It is like eating potato chips, you can not just stop at one. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.