First Glock

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by Jsrsrex, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Jsrsrex

Jsrsrex New Member

Hello

Looking to purchase my first glock. I am looking for something in 9mm, which I have narrowed down to a 17 or 19. I will be using it for some range shooting (nothing competitive) and also it will be for home defense. Lastly could either of these be used for conceded carry easily? The seem to be fairly close in size.

Thanks in advance

2. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Welcome Jsrsrex! Enjoy the forum and Cograts. on choosing Glock. A lot of the others in here carry the 17 and 19, I have a 21 and 23 and carry both at different times. Lots of stuff out there. You might look into our vendor Mike P at Defensive Holsters, he can get you what you want!

3. vulcan

vulcan New Member

Welcome to the forum jsrsrex... We had the same prob hehe... But i went with the 17... Kinda the same but 19 is a bit smaller not much of a difference there are so many sights that could give u a side by side comparison but both are great glocks so u wont go wrong on anyway... Gud luck on the glock :)

4. vulcan

vulcan New Member

Ooops sites lol hahahaha

5. officerX

officerX Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to the forum!

6. vulcan

vulcan New Member

Haha i was looking for sights that i could put on my glock hahaha lol

7. desertchris

desertchris New Member

Got a 17 love it but kind of wish I got the 19 when in carrying I live in a hot climate so shorts and t shirts a lot of the time either way u will be happy

8. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum! I have a 17 and 19. I started with the 19. It's a great all around firearm and I think it's a little more concealable. I hope you enjoy it here.

9. Dan75719

Dan75719 New Member

I have handled both and I prefer the 19 because the grip is better for me. I use that for concealed carry and it is the perfect size.

10. itsj0hnnyb0y

itsj0hnnyb0y New Member

I vouch for the 19. I have one and I LOVE IT! It like the "all-purpose" handgun.

11. runman

runman New Member

Another vote for the 19. Works great on the range and still a good size for HD. It's been said around here before, doesn't matter which you get first you'll end up with both!

12. Glock_Fanatic

Glock_Fanatic Member

I own 2 Glock 19s. Well I have one and my wife has one and they Re great all around. If you are planning on concealing it I would go for the 19. If not then the 17 would be great for the range and HD. I conceal my 19 with a crossbreed super tuck deluxe and have never had an issue. Hope it helps.

13. nbeal4495

nbeal4495 Member

Add another vote for the 19..I carry it in a foxx holster in shorts and a t shirt with ease...a fantastic firearm

14. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

Welcome. Def go with the g19! You will love it!!

15. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

I bought a 17 because a 19 wasn't in stock, should've waited. Now I own a 23 and I'm selling my 17 to get a 19.
    Welcome to the forum

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  16. PeacefulWarrior

PeacefulWarrior New Member

In February I was going to buy my first Glock/handgun. Was pretty set on the 17 until I went to the gun shop... though not much different in size, the 19 suited ME better for carrying. Depends on you totally, and your comfort with the weapon. I am glad I started with a 19... it's a fine piece, as is ANY Glock, I'm sure.

17. jrs1006

jrs1006 New Member

Hi. I just bought my first handgun last week and i had a similar dilemma. I went with the Glock 19.

18. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

Welcome to the forum jrs1006
    Stop through the introduction thread and post a "Hello"

19. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum Jsrsrex !!

The Glock 19 is a good choice...

20. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

Welcome to the forum. IF you are going to use it as both a range, HD, and CCW, then the 19 would be the best choice to suit all three. Eventually you will have both. It is like eating potato chips, you can not just stop at one. :D