Glock Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup, and sure - .357 SIG is a bit pricey, but it ain’t horrible. I can find it using ammoseek for under $35/box, factory new and high quality. Even Speer Lawman isn’t out of reach in that caliber.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
45,150 Posts
Yup, and sure - .357 SIG is a bit pricey, but it ain’t horrible. I can find it using ammoseek for under $35/box, factory new and high quality. Even Speer Lawman isn’t out of reach in that caliber.
I bought a .40 barrel. During past shortages it more than paid for itself. I was getting .40 for $10 cheaper a box of 50 than the .357.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I need to branch out on the glock platform.
Only own 9mm & 45ACP glocks, been looking for a G42 in .380 for no special reason.
I have shot them after they fixed the problems. Very nice shooter and accurate. Myself I don't want one. Too fat for pocket carry.

The Ruger LCP2 is an excellent choice. I have owned 3 of them. I traded 2 of them for other guns that I really wanted. I am thinking the price is going to float down now that they have the LCPMax. Last one I bought was $174 (it was muddygirl camo) I traded it for a black one to my sister.

I have a Max. I have been carrying it behind my wallet just like I did with the 2. It is 10+1 or 12+1. It comes with a night sight on the front. I paid $420+tax. Some sell for less like $380.

Don't ask me how it shoots as I haven't shot it yet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My first and only one at this point is a G 37, was intrigued by the 45GAP. Carried a .45 for Uncle Sam in the mid 1960's. Found a Police trade-in in great shape for $265.00 figured at that price couldn't go wrong. Made a few changes, shoots great, very accurate, before this current ammo shortage available practice ammo was good and fair priced. Good defensive ammo was and still is on the pricey side. It is my nite stand pistol, put a light on it, hope I never have to use it but i know i can count on it to do what is needed.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Congrats! We settled in on 40 in our house years ago. Not too sure I'm that big a fan of 357 Sig, not that I think anything is wrong with it, i just find it a bit harsh on percussion, and kinda pricy.
Of course all of it is pricy these days and getting what you are looking for is golden.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrats! We settled in on 40 in our house years ago. Not too sure I'm that big a fan of 357 Sig, not that I think anything is wrong with it, i just find it a bit harsh on percussion, and kinda pricy.
Of course all of it is pricy these days and getting what you are looking for is golden.
I like the .40 as well. Carried a flawless 23.4 for years.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like the .40 as well. Carried a flawless 23.4 for years.

·
Faithful Member
282 Posts
The First Glock was the original G17 back in the beginning. Wasn't a fan at all, but was helping a friend, so I inherited it. Traded it a while later with less than 500 rounds as I just couldn't find anything I liked. My carry gun was an S&W 59 and the 17 just couldn't touch it. Today I have seven Glocks with the G32 the newest to join the Stable. I love this thing, it has become my favorite EDC very quickly. Yes, the 59 still has its place as well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I too standardized on .40 S&W. I have a G23 (my first Glock) and a G22 (recent purchase). I grew up with 1911s and I'm supremely confident in my abilities with them. But for my wife to defend herself in an acute situation, the capacity of the venerable 1911 concerned me. The Glock 23 addressed all my concerns. I'm taking the wife to the range regularly now and she loves shooting but self defense is a life long practice. So while I train her up I feel much better with her using a higher capacity pistol.

I was surprised at how quickly she took to shooting. Not even my repeated lessons on firearm safety deterred her. She soaked it all up and maintains proper safe firearms handling at all times. Impressive. So for a range gun I just got her a G48. The 9mm is far more economical to shoot and the gentler recoil will help her learn the basics. Plus the G48 is a slim line pistol and much easier for to hold in her little carney hands. :) We will both work on basic skills with 9mm as I have a Lone Wolf conversion barrel for my G23 and some G17 magazines for it. We will also put some .40 S&W down range too. Practicing with the pistol/caliber you'd use in a defensive situation is critical. I would have thought the snappier recoil of the .40 would be an issue for her but she loves it! She's fearless.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts