First day of concealed carry

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by kjohnson9212, Jun 2, 2012.

1. kjohnson9212

kjohnson9212 New Member

Today I got my cobra nylon tactical carry belt and my galco king tuck holster in the mail. Ive had my ohio carry license for over a year now, but havent had the equipment to do it. Wow what a experience. I carry a g30 and I dont think ill go back to carrying unarmed.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Congrats and welcome to the G30 club...

3. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

Congrats on taking that jump to carry. Without a good belt and holster it can be a pain in the side lol

4. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Congratulations and welcome to the club! Be safe.

5. savage07

savage07 New Member

Welcome and congratulations!!

6. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Nice to hear you started carrying! Stay Safe ;)

7. brannon67

brannon67 New Member

Doesnt it feel good? Freedom Baby...Freedom at last!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  8. Congrats on making the leap to carry. Best wishes, be safe.

9. kjohnson9212

kjohnson9212 New Member

It feels great to carry. Thanks for the well wishes.

10. Dragonheart

Dragonheart New Member

Sounds like a nice set up. Pack it around for a while and you will probably find yourself leaving it at home or in the car because it is not comfortable or it can't be concealed in the days dress. Then do what I and everyone I know does that carries full time, get a small thin gun like Sig P-238 that can be carried in a pocket. I love my Glocks, but they are just to thick for comfortable full time carry.

11. Sarabian

Sarabian Slightly Opinionated

I carry a concealed G17 routinely and don't find it too thick at all. I admit that I do prefer OWB to IWB, but that's for any gun.

12. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

Ditto. I love my G30:)

13. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Awesome man! I can't go anywhere without my gun, and I hate it when I go somewhere that doesn't allow it :mad:

14. Caseyglock19

Caseyglock19 New Member

good for you. be careful my friend.

15. shawng22

shawng22 New Member

I finally got my ccw in pa, weird feeling finally having my g22 on my side, are the jitters normal? Any advice? And are the badges a good idea or no?

16. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    If you wore a CCW badge in Texas you would be arrested for Impersonating a Peace Officer!

17. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Badges are bad idea...

https://www.glockforum.com/forum/f13/badges-3372/

18. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Congrats and welcome to the carry club. I don't go anywhere without my G36.

19. c1328chase

c1328chase Member

Congrats kjohnson! The guys who say you may become complacent and start leaving your gun make a very valid point. There are times when carrying can be uncomfortable, especially a weapon as large as a Glock.
    (commencing sarcasm) Since it is quite possibly the largest handgun EDCed by thousands. My heavens, it dwarfs pistols such as the USP, M&P, 1911, Sig P226, M9, if only there was a weapon smaller than the Ruger 22mag that would be EVEN MORE CONCEALABLE. What you need to buy is a .50AE cal ultra sub compact pocket gun. Conceal it between your cheeks. (because we all know the bigger the bullet, the farther it makes the bad guy fly when you shoot at him, whether you get a hit or not).
    You don't want to be THAT guy do you. Carry everyday it's possible, adjust it (subtly or not) as you adjust "yourself" on a normal dat to day basis. Heck carrying these around isn't always comfortable, especially in warmer weather, but doggonit we will carry them because WE ARE MEN!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  20. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Ya, badges are straight up dumb as hell in any state, even where legal.

That aside, I've found a holster that allows me to wear my 19 or 30 in just tshirt and shorts without printing.