Glock Firearms banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a great weekend overall. It all started with a trip to my local gun range. My mother decided to tag along with my girlfriend and myself so it was going to be interesting to say the least. What started as a simple trip to the range ended smiles all around and me leaving with a new G19 gen 4.

There was bit of a wait for a lane when we arrived so I decided to see what Glocks were available for purchase. They had a a few gen 4's......34's, 17's, 19's....I had my heart set on the 19 but took a look at all 3. The 34 and 17 felt great in my hand but the 19 felt absolutely perfect. After worked for nearly 3 weeks straight I decided to pull the trigger (pun intended) on the G19. A lane opened up right after I finished my paperwork so all that was left was the background check. We decided to start shooting while the shop ran the background check,

Mom had never been shooting before so I started her out with some basic gun safety with my SR22. It didn't take long for mom to pick up on working the safety, slide release, and mag release like a champ, but loading the mags took a bit of work. After loading 2 full mags and getting ready to fire her first shot I was called to the front desk to pick up my G19. She held her aim on the target ready to fire until I got back. When I finally did return with my Glock we got down to the business of putting some ammo downrange. After each of us put about 20 rounds through the target I decided to break in the Glock.

I loaded up the first 2 mags and had mom load 5 rounds into the 3rd mag. After giving mom a rundown of the control differences on the Glock, I put a full mag downrange and has mom put her 5 rounds through the target. I could tell already.....she's hooked. My girlfriend is still a bit intimidated by the recoil of a 9mm so she stuck to shooting the SR22 for the rest of the evening. After finishing up about half our ammo we had some fun with a zombie target. Mom and my honey went for headshots and I shot out some zombie kneecaps and crotches. Overall we shot 120 rounds of .22 and 50 rounds of 9mm. Mom is looking forward to going shooting again very soon. Next time we'll head to our local outdoor range.

Today my girlfriend and I took a trip to the local gun show. We only spent a couple hours there, but teased ourselves completely with all the guns we plan on owning one day. In the end I left with a new grip plug, 33 round OEM mag, and Glock bench mat. Now all I need is a custom back plate and a few custom mag plates. Great weekend overall.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Sounds like a great day! Congrats to you on the new G19 and I am so glad you and the ladies had fun.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts