Glock Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In y'alls opinion, what would be a good AR to start out with? I want a good quality gun, but I'm trying to keep my price range below a thousand bucks.

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Here ya go... I own two from this manufacturer

http://olyarms.net/index.php?page=s...&category_id=7&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=5

MSRP is below $700...which means you will pay way less than that. Company has been making barrels for other major manufacturers since 1975.

Just my 2 cents...YMMV

===================================

OK...you know what they say about opinions right...everybodys got one !

Let the games begin...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Doublestar 15, 669.00 at Budsgunshop.com, excellent quality ,great shooter,have several of these, just can't beat them.

·
Registered
186 Posts
mike_honcho87 said:
Does anyone have any experience with DPMS?
My first few AR's were DPMS, and we are issued DPMS rifles for patrol rifles at my work. I've never had problems with any of them.

With that said, I have done enough research and looking, and I will be sticking with the proven, real mil-spec guns (Colt, Daniel Defense, BCM, LaRue, Noveske) from here on out. I think it is worth the extra couple of hundred bucks for the better materials and the testing done on those materials if it is a rifle I might need for a "serious use" one day.

I hope to have my tax refund BCM build complete within the month, and it will come in at less than $1K. Wal-Mart is now selling Colt 6920's (the military M4) for $1069 too.

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
I've heard good things about DPMS, only bad thing I've heard is they are backordered like mad lol.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Trotac said:
My first few AR's were DPMS, and we are issued DPMS rifles for patrol rifles at my work. I've never had problems with any of them.

With that said, I have done enough research and looking, and I will be sticking with the proven, real mil-spec guns (Colt, Daniel Defense, BCM, LaRue, Noveske) from here on out. I think it is worth the extra couple of hundred bucks for the better materials and the testing done on those materials if it is a rifle I might need for a "serious use" one day.

I hope to have my tax refund BCM build complete within the month, and it will come in at less than $1K. Wal-Mart is now selling Colt 6920's (the military M4) for $1069 too.
I want to get a good a good understanding of how they're put together and how they function. When I do I wanna build my own, but for now I'm looking for a good starter.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have a franken-AR myself, but a few friends have CMMG, Stag and Doublestar. They all really like the ones they have and none paid anywhere near $1k for them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts