Fireworks Shooters Permit

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BLCKWLF, Jun 2, 2012.

1. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

(Fireworks not firearms)

Anyone have their shooters permit or going to get their shooters permit for the upcoming Forth of July show?

How many Pyrotechnics are out there?

I am looking into getting my Pyro certs this year and attend shooters school.

Share some experiences, shows, and cool pictures.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  2. RRoss

RRoss If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it! Lifetime Supporting Member

3. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

Here is the company I am currently working with, taken in San Francisco last week. No Pyrotechnic license yet, but working on it. Our next big show will be in New York on the Fourth of July, with the barges on Hudson River. I hope you see it on TV!

[ame]http://vimeo.com/42969389[/ame]

4. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Sweet!!!! That is one of the most famous shows, what are you kidding, of course I am gonna watch it!!!!!

I will be shooting a show in MO later in july… (shooting with a camera that is…)

5. RRoss

RRoss If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it! Lifetime Supporting Member

Nice show!

6. RRoss

So I'm shooting a wedding on Friday and another on Saturday. I'll take some video and post it for you.

7. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

I live in Florida we have firework grocery stores !!! Hell now there are Tents set up at all the major intersections as well.. I usually spend about $200 each New year and 4th of July..

8. RRoss

And to quote one of my tshirts:
    "Forget the small stuff...we shoot 1.3g"

1.3g.jpg

9. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

This is the best we can do here in the city, have to special order the big stuff and it's illegal to launch anything in city limits, and with the fire restrictions...

Attached Files:

10. RRoss

Aww, its so cute! :D

ForumRunner_20120612_105601.jpg

11. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

12. havasu

Are your mortar tubes buried all the time? or is that a permanent installation?

13. RRoss

We bury the "big guns" (8+") in the ground on a per show basis. 6" and less get put into racks:

6"

ForumRunner_20120612_110336.jpg

Other various sizes and fan racks:

ForumRunner_20120612_110438.jpg

14. havasu

Do you also tie off the wires through a small hole at the top of the mortar tubes? I'd like to see your method.

15. RRoss

Yes, we tie the e-match lead to a hole in the top of the motar tube, run it to the rail where it is attached to a predesignated cue. Then, the excess wire is bundled and twisted for easy removal at the end of the night.

ForumRunner_20120612_111225.jpg

16. RRoss

Better picture:

ForumRunner_20120612_111911.jpg
    Your typical 3" rack. No angles.
    I love our system....so easy to set up and even easier to tear down at the end of the night.

17. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Lord, these look like so much fun! How did you get started in "the business"?

18. RRoss

Do your research online for display companies "in your area" (I know you live out in the boonies so there's no such thing) and contact them about taking a training course. The PGI is also good to look into (www.pgi.org) as a resource.

19. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Thanks Ross. We are about an hour and fifteen north of Atlanta so it's not too bad. :)