Firefighters/Rescue/EMS

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nyycanseco33, Mar 26, 2012.

1. nyycanseco33

nyycanseco33 Well-Known Member Supporter

Please come join us and share who you are and where you're from, also any fun stories you want to share :)

2. G-man

G-man New Member

Michigan. I'm done with fire and emt academy, starting medic in August. Working for Chrysler as fire marshal until I'm done with school

3. G-man

G-man New Member

image-1756143003.jpg

Taped every single thing in my buddy's locker. Lol

4. Hey guys, I'm a volley from south florida... Certified EMT/Firefighter but can't seem to find a full time job. Hows hiring in GA?

I heard that the statistics here are some where a long the lines of "for each employed career FF there are 600 certified yet unemployed firefighters"

5. nyycanseco33

I used to work as a fire marshal for New Venture Gear in North Syracuse NY (later named Magna Powertrain), they made the transmissions and transfer cases for chrysler vehicles there :)

6. nyycanseco33

I'm a volley FF/EMT-B in upstate NY in a small town called Mexico NY in Oswego County, been a FF for 11 years and my full time job I am a 911 call taker and fire dispatcher for the county also :)

7. Tillerman

Tillerman New Member

There are departments in Northern Va. that are hiring like the one I work for:) PM me for more info.

8. G-man

G-man New Member

It's great for now. Good experience,good pay and they are reimbursing for my medic which is $7k

9. Tillerman

Tillerman New Member

Started in the fire service in 1996 as volley on Long Island and then moved to Va. in 2005 and Vollied in Md for a bit and in that time I was hired by a County Fire Department in Northern Va. I am assigned to a Truck Company (Tiller) in the County I work for.

10. I'm a volley emt in southern Illinois. Hold licenses in two states and nationally registered and still can't find a full time gig. Starting paramedic school in august

11. G-man

G-man New Member

My gf just got hired a few days ago for private ems as a basic. I'd love to be on the truck myself while in school but I can't take the wage cut right now. Atleast not till medic is over. $8 an hour for a basic here in mi

12. I use to work at a Private Ambulance company here in South Florida, it was 9$ for basic and 12$ for Medic. Not really worth it with all the liability.

13. Erich85

Erich85 New Member

Hey guys im a volunteer firefighter in new jersey. Also my full time job i work for a private ambulance company as an emt basic. And i just got a part time job working ems for a local town.

14. SquadCapt4

SquadCapt4 New Member

Paid Captain/Paramedic in Knoxville, TN. here. 34 years humping hose total, 24 with the city. Also a State EMS Instructor/Coordinator. Been teaching EMT and Paramedic for about 21 years. I work on a "Squad Truck"....Knoxville's version of a Quint :rolleyes:

15. RES17CUE

RES17CUE New Member

Man it's great to see all these smoke eaters on here. Been a FF on the vollie side for 4 years but within the last year got on the paid side of the house. Currently finishing up school for my bachelors in Criminal Justice and also in the process of trying to get on with the Atlanta Fire Dept. Stay Low brothers

16. Tillerman

Tillerman New Member

Just wanted to hear what everyones departments repsonse is for a Structure Fire? (How many engines, trucks, ambos, chiefs respond)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  17. SquadCapt4

SquadCapt4 New Member

2 Engines, 1 Ladder and 1 Batt. Chief on everyday residentials. 3 & 1 on commercial; 3 & 2 on special targets: like hospitals, nursing homes, the UT campus buildings. Rescue and an Engine Company ("Safety Company") go on confirmed working fires.

18. SquadCapt4

SquadCapt4 New Member

Forgot to mention, the private ambulance provider will respond an ambulance for standby on confirmed workers. If they transport a victim or a brother, another ambulance is suppose to be sent to finish the standby.

19. firefighter1178

firefighter1178 New Member

Been a volunteer in KS for 4 years, 2 years on a rural dept. with full rescue and medical, now in a city. For a response to a structure fire we roll 1engine, 1 quint, and another engine if needed volunteers respond to scene and recall crew to station.