Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please come join us and share who you are and where you're from, also any fun stories you want to share :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Michigan. I'm done with fire and emt academy, starting medic in August. Working for Chrysler as fire marshal until I'm done with school

·
I'm Back!
260 Posts
Hey guys, I'm a volley from south florida... Certified EMT/Firefighter but can't seem to find a full time job. Hows hiring in GA?

I heard that the statistics here are some where a long the lines of "for each employed career FF there are 600 certified yet unemployed firefighters"

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
G-man said:
Michigan. I'm done with fire and emt academy, starting medic in August. Working for Chrysler as fire marshal until I'm done with school
I used to work as a fire marshal for New Venture Gear in North Syracuse NY (later named Magna Powertrain), they made the transmissions and transfer cases for chrysler vehicles there :)

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm a volley FF/EMT-B in upstate NY in a small town called Mexico NY in Oswego County, been a FF for 11 years and my full time job I am a 911 call taker and fire dispatcher for the county also :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey guys, I'm a volley from south florida... Certified EMT/Firefighter but can't seem to find a full time job. Hows hiring in GA?

I heard that the statistics here are some where a long the lines of "for each employed career FF there are 600 certified yet unemployed firefighters"
There are departments in Northern Va. that are hiring like the one I work for:) PM me for more info.

·
Registered
58 Posts
nyycanseco33 said:
I used to work as a fire marshal for New Venture Gear in North Syracuse NY (later named Magna Powertrain), they made the transmissions and transfer cases for chrysler vehicles there :)
It's great for now. Good experience,good pay and they are reimbursing for my medic which is $7k

·
Registered
154 Posts
Started in the fire service in 1996 as volley on Long Island and then moved to Va. in 2005 and Vollied in Md for a bit and in that time I was hired by a County Fire Department in Northern Va. I am assigned to a Truck Company (Tiller) in the County I work for.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm a volley emt in southern Illinois. Hold licenses in two states and nationally registered and still can't find a full time gig. Starting paramedic school in august

·
Registered
58 Posts
My gf just got hired a few days ago for private ems as a basic. I'd love to be on the truck myself while in school but I can't take the wage cut right now. Atleast not till medic is over. $8 an hour for a basic here in mi

·
I'm Back!
260 Posts
I use to work at a Private Ambulance company here in South Florida, it was 9$ for basic and 12$ for Medic. Not really worth it with all the liability.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys im a volunteer firefighter in new jersey. Also my full time job i work for a private ambulance company as an emt basic. And i just got a part time job working ems for a local town.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Paid Captain/Paramedic in Knoxville, TN. here. 34 years humping hose total, 24 with the city. Also a State EMS Instructor/Coordinator. Been teaching EMT and Paramedic for about 21 years. I work on a "Squad Truck"....Knoxville's version of a Quint :rolleyes:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Man it's great to see all these smoke eaters on here. Been a FF on the vollie side for 4 years but within the last year got on the paid side of the house. Currently finishing up school for my bachelors in Criminal Justice and also in the process of trying to get on with the Atlanta Fire Dept. Stay Low brothers

·
Registered
216 Posts
2 Engines, 1 Ladder and 1 Batt. Chief on everyday residentials. 3 & 1 on commercial; 3 & 2 on special targets: like hospitals, nursing homes, the UT campus buildings. Rescue and an Engine Company ("Safety Company") go on confirmed working fires.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Forgot to mention, the private ambulance provider will respond an ambulance for standby on confirmed workers. If they transport a victim or a brother, another ambulance is suppose to be sent to finish the standby.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Been a volunteer in KS for 4 years, 2 years on a rural dept. with full rescue and medical, now in a city. For a response to a structure fire we roll 1engine, 1 quint, and another engine if needed volunteers respond to scene and recall crew to station.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts