Fiocchi 9mm 9ap

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by glock19gen3, May 2, 2012.

1. glock19gen3

glock19gen3 New Member

Anyone have any reports or concerns about fiocchi 9mm 9ap ammo for a glock 19? I have about 500 rounds through my glock and so far only used federal from Walmart. However the walmarts inventory around here is spotty and my local gun shop has a good price on the Fiocchi but gives a great discount on buying it by the case. Any thoughts?

image-3267828941.jpg

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

I've found the Fiocchi brand to be adequate as range fodder...

Not sure what your going to be paying at your LGS...but you may want to check Sportman's Guide

they carry the same brand...

Also Lucky Gunner...

3. glock19gen3

glock19gen3 New Member

Thanks. They r selling a case for $270 which includes discount and tax. Works out to 13.50/50. Its Just about what im spending for federal I'll check out those recommendations.

4. SHOOTER13

Cool...let me know how the prices compare...

5. glock19gen3

glock19gen3 New Member

Need to look around a bit more but Lucky gunner seems to be the better of the two but only about $10 cheaper then LGS.

6. SHOOTER13

Including ship/handling & tax ?

7. glock19gen3

glock19gen3 New Member

Totals including tax & shipping:

LGS 270.51 (1000 rounds)
    Luckgunner $ 261.56 (1000 rounds)

Walmart would be $253.56 for federal if you could track down 20 boxes.

8. Grabber GT

Grabber GT New Member

Ohio
    My Glocks shoot everything I put in them. No issues.

9. malladus

malladus New Member

I shoot a couple cases of the 115, 147 stuff through my G17, 34, and 17L before I started reloading. Onlt issue I have is from a reloading standpoint and their primer pockets aren't always a uniform size so you will get a bad primer seating in one every so often.

From a factory load perspective, ran cleaner they average WWB, cycled the gun well, never and bad rounds, and reasonable accurate. I see it turn up at matches I RO alot in peoples range bags. I think it would be more common if the local dealers carried it cheaper.

malladus

10. sconnie

sconnie Member

There are several threads about cheap ammo. I've been able to get 1000 ends if 9mm FMJ for just over $200 including shipping. Cheapthandirt and freedom ammo are two sources.

JW

11. glock19gen3

glock19gen3 New Member

picked up a case today @ LGS. Spent a few bucks more then online as stated above but chalked it up to supporting my LGS. :)