Finished the new .308

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by hoovco, Jul 18, 2012.

1. hoovco

hoovco New Member

Gonna hit the range today with it ...

image-1782053187.jpg

2. jr84mo

jr84mo New Member

Remington 700 AAC-SD! Nice... I have the same rifle. I still have the Hogue stock on it. Nice setup on the rifle.

3. hoovco

hoovco New Member

Ah man ... it's a shooter ... With the hogue stock on it I still shot a .62 in group. Love this rifle.

4. ROYALE-W-CHEESE

ROYALE-W-CHEESE New Member

Very nice! What's that scope setup?

5. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

6. hoovco

hoovco New Member

Trijicon 2.5 - 10 x 56 on Leupold rings. Got a decent deal on it too ... 700 bucks.

7. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Dude, that's hott sexy.

8. jr84mo

jr84mo New Member

Is that a Badger stock or what kind is it? I'm going to purchase another stock in the future as long as it is light like the Hogue stock.

Attached Files:

9. hoovco

hoovco New Member

It's a bell and carlson stock. It's a little heavier but light enough that you could carry it all day. It's also got an aluminum bedding block throughout the whole stock so no flexing ... At all. The adjustable version ran around 400 and the non adjustable runs around 230. I'm impressed how nice of a stock it is ... Especially at the price point it's at.

Bell and Carlson makes nice stuff.

10. jr84mo

jr84mo New Member

Thanks for the info. I hunt in the woods that's why I chose the short barrel rifle. Love my other Remington 700's. Was the stock pretty easy to put on? I've seen videos but.... I'll probably get my local gunsmith to put it on for me for 60 bucks. I was looking at them last week. I really like the collapsable AICS stock. They are surely tack drivers.

11. xxlrg

xxlrg New Member

Is that with hand loads?

12. hoovco

hoovco New Member

Factory loads.