Glock Firearms banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
glockworkOrange said:
What do you guys mean by "shooting from reset" or "reset trigger"? Sorry I'm sort of new to all this.
Do this: completely unload your weapon (remove magazine, rack slide a couple of times). Pull the trigger (in a safe direction) but don't let go. Hold the trigger after you pull it all the way back. Rack the slide again without releasing the trigger. Now slowly let the trigger out until you feel and hear a click, hid the trigger there.

You will notice that you didn't fully reset the trigger. This is the trigger reset, and your weapon is ready to fire again. Pull the trigger again and notice the difference from a full pull. Of course your gun willchick itself with live ammo ads you won't have to rack the slide a second time. Does this explain well enough?

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
glockworkOrange said:
I gotcha, basically to keep from having to pull the safety again?
Yes and having to take up slack. Less motion= more efficient.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
39,745 Posts
glockworkOrange said:
I gotcha, basically to keep from having to pull the safety again?
I bet that's what your problem was. Can't wait for your follow up at the range report. Myself and other posters went through the same situation as you read despite being accomplished shooters.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Practice all that you can!5yds or less is a good starting point.The more you practice the better you will get!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts