Finally got to touch a Glock

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by RimDJ, Feb 16, 2012.

1. RimDJ

RimDJ New Member

So I was able to get to the gun shop. I told the guy there I wanted a 9mm, and not a small one. He gave me a G17 and a G19. I know they are similar, just a few differences. They both felt about the same and were both comfortable in my hand. I liked the 17 more because it felt more balanced than the 19. The 19 felt a little front heavy. I couldn't shoot it cause it is only a store and not a range. My question is when loaded, will they feel a lot different or only a little different? Will the 19 be a little more balanced after it is loaded? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. thepaintedgun

thepaintedgun New Member

When loaded I feel it balances the weapon out

3. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Yes it will be because the rounds have a lot of weight to them.

4. twag4

twag4 New Member

I have a G22 and a G19 (and 26 and 27). The 22 has the exact same frame as the 17, but I prefer the G19. I shoot both equally well, I just like the 19 more. Only two rounds difference, but a box of ammo will not fill three 17 round magazines. It will, however, fill three 15 round G19 magazines and leave five extra-which is nice. It feels and shoots fine full or empty to me, that balance thing is a non consideration when shooting. Plus, if what you say is true, front weighting should help muzzle flip. Get the one you like better, don't worry about balance. I dont believe you will ever notice while shooting. my opinion only

5. flightmedic76

flightmedic76 New Member

I agree, when you are shooting you won't notice a difference in feel as the magazine empties. Definitely go with what feels the best for you, even if its not a Glock. There are a ton of great options. Hopefully you have a range nearby that rents so you can try a few different ones.

6. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Nice feeling, isn't it?

Its kinda like what you feel when you are patting a unicorn, and she turns around and winks at ya!

Privileged.

yesssssss.......:D

7. mlawrence

mlawrence New Member

The G19 is my favorite because of its size and comfort in my hands. I feel like I have pretty large hands but it fits great. I absolutely love the way it shoots. The 17 is a well balanced gun as well but to me its a little large for concealed carry if you have a smaller waist size. Both are great choices, but you should most definitely shoot both before you choose one.

8. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

My g30 feels more balanced when loaded so imo yes.

9. Personally i feel a big difference between my 17 and 19. And my 17 is sucky for carry. Too heavy.

10. MTS532

MTS532 New Member

I like the shorter G-19 because when I present the gun on target, the sights come up just a little bit faster than on a longer slide.