Glock Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was able to get to the gun shop. I told the guy there I wanted a 9mm, and not a small one. He gave me a G17 and a G19. I know they are similar, just a few differences. They both felt about the same and were both comfortable in my hand. I liked the 17 more because it felt more balanced than the 19. The 19 felt a little front heavy. I couldn't shoot it cause it is only a store and not a range. My question is when loaded, will they feel a lot different or only a little different? Will the 19 be a little more balanced after it is loaded? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
Yes it will be because the rounds have a lot of weight to them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a G22 and a G19 (and 26 and 27). The 22 has the exact same frame as the 17, but I prefer the G19. I shoot both equally well, I just like the 19 more. Only two rounds difference, but a box of ammo will not fill three 17 round magazines. It will, however, fill three 15 round G19 magazines and leave five extra-which is nice. It feels and shoots fine full or empty to me, that balance thing is a non consideration when shooting. Plus, if what you say is true, front weighting should help muzzle flip. Get the one you like better, don't worry about balance. I dont believe you will ever notice while shooting. my opinion only

·
Registered
58 Posts
I agree, when you are shooting you won't notice a difference in feel as the magazine empties. Definitely go with what feels the best for you, even if its not a Glock. There are a ton of great options. Hopefully you have a range nearby that rents so you can try a few different ones.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The G19 is my favorite because of its size and comfort in my hands. I feel like I have pretty large hands but it fits great. I absolutely love the way it shoots. The 17 is a well balanced gun as well but to me its a little large for concealed carry if you have a smaller waist size. Both are great choices, but you should most definitely shoot both before you choose one.

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
RimDJ said:
So I was able to get to the gun shop. I told the guy there I wanted a 9mm, and not a small one. He gave me a G17 and a G19. I know they are similar, just a few differences. They both felt about the same and were both comfortable in my hand. I liked the 17 more because it felt more balanced than the 19. The 19 felt a little front heavy. I couldn't shoot it cause it is only a store and not a range. My question is when loaded, will they feel a lot different or only a little different? Will the 19 be a little more balanced after it is loaded? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Personally i feel a big difference between my 17 and 19. And my 17 is sucky for carry. Too heavy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I like the shorter G-19 because when I present the gun on target, the sights come up just a little bit faster than on a longer slide.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts