Finally got to the range!

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by joe17, May 19, 2012.

1. joe17

joe17 New Member

I put 150 rounds through my brand new Glock17 today and did just alright. This was only my 2nd time shooting and improved a lot since the last time.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum joe17 !!

Post some pics up so we can see your targets and offer advice...

Here's a helpful tool:

[​IMG]

3. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

4. joe17

joe17 New Member

Only 21 feet

5. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

7 yards is where our police force practices. Pretty good.

6. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

For your 2nd time shooting that ain't half bad. Hold that target up to your chest. I'd say it would get the job done. The biggest thing to do is to make sure you grip the gun properly first and foremost. Then work on trigger control, making sure you aren't jerking the trigger to either side or anticipating the recoil. Practicing with snap caps or just dry firing could help with this. Just please make sure there is absolutely NO live ammunition around you when doing this. Sometimes you can load it up without even realizing it because it is habit.

7. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome Joe. +1 on what Jimmy said. Great job for your 2nd time. I hope you enjoy the forum.

8. Welcome to the forum joe!!! Best of luck in the future, and that chart for tracking where your shots go is the best.... I keep one with me all the time

9. Nice shooting, Joe - keep it up!

10. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

:D welcome to the forum

11. joe17

joe17 New Member

Went to the range yesterday and had a blast! I was kind of disappointed and hard on myself last time I went but I'm getting much better. Got my first bullseye and then a few more.

image-4092509690.jpg

Then I shot from 50ft and got 4/5, I didn't think I was going to hit at all.

image-1322220815.jpg

12. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Finally got to the rangr with the new Doracoated G-21, and threw in some g-23 action. The devil Deer is the 21 and the Horrible Hawg is the 23, 7 yards-- By the way, the Duracaot made my grip ever so slightly more tacky, it really felt better and my accuracy was better! THANKS AGAIN NUKS!!! G 21.jpg

G 23.jpg