Glock Forum banner

Finally got to shoot my new rifle

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  dutchs 
#1 ·
To those who so graciously offered their assistance helping me figure out what to buy for my first rifle thank you! God do i love shooting a rifle. Nothin against my Glocks but all i can say is i am sure i will buy more rifles!! To those who dont know my rifle is a Savage Arms "Hog Hunter" chambered in. 308 . Here are my first shots, 25yards, 16 rounds, the 3 missing i just dont know what i did? They were on the cardboard so i didnt completely miss. Work to do! First shot was the slightly high right in the bullseye. Wow, my first shot! Going to 50 and 100 yards Friday. Keep you posted.

Art Dishware Circle Font Pattern

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
david1962hd said:
Good Job and Congratulations!!!
Thanks man, just to figure out those 3 shots now!! Haha

#5 ·
SHOOTER13 said:
Flyers ( those three shots ) happened...even to the professionals !!

Good shootin' dutch...!!
Thanks Shooter, i am gonna tighten it up and move away too 100 YDS then we'll really see!

#6 ·
dutchs said:
Thanks Shooter, i am gonna tighten it up and move away too 100 YDS then we'll really see!
Oh yea, steel sights, no scope yet. Wanna get that good eye first.

#8 ·
Danzig said:
Here are my first shots, 25yards, 16 rounds, the 3 missing i just dont know what i did?

Those guys I wouldn't worry about them.
Noncompliant brass?

#9 ·
Remember to let barrel cool down. Don't let barrel get so hot that it burns your hand. Shoot up to a 5 shot group. I shoot what every the gone will hold. Couple guns hold 5 some hold 4. Keeps barrel cool and reduces shooter fatigue from holding gun and squinting of eye to focus.

#10 ·
sigpi11 said:
Remember to let barrel cool down. Don't let barrel get so hot that it burns your hand. Shoot up to a 5 shot group. I shoot what every the gone will hold. Couple guns hold 5 some hold 4. Keeps barrel cool and reduces shooter fatigue from holding gun and squinting of eye to focus.
Thanks for the tip sig.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.