Finally Got My Gun Back From Glock

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by nd4spd3001, Jan 26, 2012.

1. nd4spd3001

nd4spd3001 New Member

Texas
    I sent it in because I was getting hit in the face with the spent casings. One even went down my wife's shirt and left a burn mark. But anyway it took them about 2 weeks to repair. The ejector was replaced with the new style one and they did fire it cause I sent it to them cleaned and could tell it was fired. They were really nice and helpful over then phone and even paid for round trip shipping. Haven't been to the range yet to test it but I just wanted to share my experience so far.

2. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Some gen4s had gen3 ejectors installed in them so that was probably what ur issue was.

3. nd4spd3001

nd4spd3001 New Member

Texas
    Yeah I did my research before I sent it in, so hopefully that will fix the issue. Oh forgot to mention it was a Glock 17 Gen 4.

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Congrats...and BTW...Where's the pics ?! ;)

5. nd4spd3001

nd4spd3001 New Member

Texas
    I'll take some later today and post them, stay tuned.

6. SHOOTER13

7. nd4spd3001

nd4spd3001 New Member

Texas
    Pictures as promised.

Attached Files:

8. my 19 has sailed a few down the wife's shirt. What can I say, it has good taste.

9. You have no worries now. The new ejector fixes the issue. All spent shells will go to the right like they are supposed to. Did you already have the 043 spring or did they install it while it was there?{or do the 17's even use the same RSA?}

My experience with them was nothing short of perfect. Enjoy your fixed Gen4 with kick ass grips.:cool:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  10. The new ejector was developed after several failed tries of changing springs. So in reality it's a band aid for the short comings of the new RSA and that freakin bump on the Gen4 trigger bar.

11. nd4spd3001

nd4spd3001 New Member

Texas
    Yes I have the new guide rod spring. Glad to hear the new ejector will help solve the problem.

12. Glock22Gen3

Glock22Gen3 New Member

My gen 3 model 22 has an ejector number 1882. The bad Gen 4 ejectors as I understand were numbered 336 with the replacement of 30274.

My test fire date was June 10th of 2011 is mine a replacement style as well?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  13. nd4spd3001

nd4spd3001 New Member

Texas
    Yep I sent mine in with the 336 and now its replacement is 30274.

14. Glock22Gen3

Glock22Gen3 New Member

Sounds like your good to go.

I've only put 300 rounds through mine and its been perfect. My son in laws serial number is 8 over mine, both have the same test fire date and his has 1,100 perfect rounds through it. He had to put 800 threw it while getting used to his BlackHawk surpa holster before they would let him qualify to carry with it. State Certified 7 star reserve, not a 5 star. That means he's had the same education as a full deputy there just are not any openings, so he's on the reserves awaiting his turn.

15. The 336 is/was a 9mm ejector not a .40. The only thing Glock is doing for .40 is swapping the RSA's on the Gen4's but yours is a Gen3, you shouldn't be having any issues!

16. Glock22Gen3

Glock22Gen3 New Member

10-4, ha, 10-4 was to short got to do more,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,there that should get it LOL.

17. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

That's one thing they are serious about. No gun leaves the factory, whether it's just come in for inspection or had work done, without being test fired. I would think that would be an industry standard practice, but it most definitely is not. :rolleyes:

18. SHOOTER13

Wow...

Awesome man...enjoy that bad boy !!

19. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Hope you get to shoot it soon!

20. nd4spd3001

nd4spd3001 New Member

Texas
    I'm hoping I get to shoot this weekend. It will also be the first time to shoot with the LWD extended ported barrel on it. I'll post some more comments if I have to chance to go to Bass Pro this weekend.