Glock Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to think I just wasn't built for carrying my Glock 19. Turns out I just didn't have the right holster.

I ordered an AIWB 2.5 holster from JM Custom Kydex.
Webbing Air gun Trigger Material property Gun accessory

First, with my body type I never thought I'd be able to pull off AIWB. However for belt carry it's become my preference. Typically I'm probably going to have my P365 in a pocket holster, and that's probably still going to be my main method of carry however I wore my new holster out while I went to get a haircut today.. which means I was sitting down for about 45 minutes and I was mostly comfortable. I'm 5'11" and about 230lbs.. and that's having shed about 20lbs over the last year or two having changed up my diet a bit. Point being I still have a bit of a gut.

Doesn't matter. With a black shirt with an image of Prince, the gun pretty much disappeared under my shirt.

The ride height is high enough that there will be no knuckle rash on the draw and I haven't had to adjust the retention at all.

A P365 in my pocket is likely to remain my primary carry choice.. but if I ever need to buy another IWB holster it's probably coming from Tony @ JM Custom Kydex.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
I used to think I just wasn't built for carrying my Glock 19. Turns out I just didn't have the right holster.

I ordered an AIWB 2.5 holster from JM Custom Kydex.
View attachment 267910

First, with my body type I never thought I'd be able to pull off AIWB. However for belt carry it's become my preference. Typically I'm probably going to have my P365 in a pocket holster, and that's probably still going to be my main method of carry however I wore my new holster out while I went to get a haircut today.. which means I was sitting down for about 45 minutes and I was mostly comfortable. I'm 5'11" and about 230lbs.. and that's having shed about 20lbs over the last year or two having changed up my diet a bit. Point being I still have a bit of a gut.

Doesn't matter. With a black shirt with an image of Prince, the gun pretty much disappeared under my shirt.

The ride height is high enough that there will be no knuckle rash on the draw and I haven't had to adjust the retention at all.

A P365 in my pocket is likely to remain my primary carry choice.. but if I ever need to buy another IWB holster it's probably coming from Tony @ JM Custom Kydex.
That's interesting. I have JM Custom Kydex bookmarked, but I've never ordered anything from them. They look like good stuff.
You mentioned black shirt with an image of Prince. I've settled on black T-shirts with a picture of Ronald Reagan scowling and the words "I Smell Hippies" underneath. I carry IWB 3:00 and there's something about black oversized T-shirts that conceal my G19 very effectively.
I've been considering switching to AWIB because I can't seem to get my draw fast enough for my liking. I might have to try a JM Customs sometime soon.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's interesting. I have JM Custom Kydex bookmarked, but I've never ordered anything from them. They look like good stuff.
You mentioned black shirt with an image of Prince. I've settled on black T-shirts with a picture of Ronald Reagan scowling and the words "I Smell Hippies" underneath. I carry IWB 3:00 and there's something about black oversized T-shirts that conceal my G19 very effectively.
I've been considering switching to AWIB because I can't seem to get my draw fast enough for my liking. I might have to try a JM Customs sometime soon.
With the muzzle pad I was genuinely surprised how comfortable I was wearing the Glock 19 AIWB. I'd go as far to say as the Glock 19 in this holster is more comfortable than my P365 XL AIWB holsters and it's because the smaller holsters tend to want to dig into me more up front where the G19 holster I just feel the grip and the muzzle pad. The P365 platform is still easier to conceal though.

In general wearing black has a slimming effect. Having a pattern on my shirt over the grip further breaks up any printing, which, I tend to have to hike my pants up to sit with a gun AIWB, and then I let it fall under my gut when I stand. That tactical muffin top. Which has been shrinking since I found out I was diabetic and changed up my diet.

My favorite pants or shorts for carrying my P365 in my pocket are black cargo style as long as the front pockets are adequately large enough.

Tony's holsters are pretty solid options imo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts