Glock Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my second Glock. I bought a 22C in '05 and never had a reason for needing a second one. Well WI recently passed a CC and I tried looking everywhere for a 27 to no avail. Ended up getting a Taurus Ultra-lite .38 w/a 2 inch barrel. It's a good gun and I like it but it's no Glock. LOL Well yesterday I was at my sisters wedding rehearsal and me and my dad decided to cut out a little early and head to the local gun shop (the wedding is taking place over an hour away from where me and my dad live). Upon entering I seen they had a NIB 3ed gen 27 w/3 mags for $550 after everything. Just gotta wait till Tuesday to pick it up.

What are your guys thoughts on modding a CC??? I've always been told to leave it factory due to possible legal ramifications if you mod it?? I'm currently thinking about putting on Glock factory night sights (off my 22C), slide release, Pierce +0 pinky extensions, and mag release (I have small hands and still have to cant my 22C to depress the mag release w/a Glockmeister competition mag release).

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I don't see any problem with Mods to suit your needs, Glocks are the best gun there is to Modify. I would just make sure it is nothing that will affect your useability of the gun or make you carry in an uncomfortable way. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I have a G26 Gen 4 as my EDC and I've installed a lot of upgrades.
Trijicon night sights
Talon grips
Pearce +0 pinky ext. on 5 mags
Pearce grip plug
Ghost Ultimate 3.5 connector
Ghost Comp 3 spring kit(made the trigger pull very smooth!)

Coming soon:
Vicker's tactical ext. mag release
Stainless steel guide rod assembly
Vicker's ext. slide stop release

I use it as my EDC and range gun. Shoots great! Love it!

·
Registered
931 Posts
inspector13 said:
I got my second Glock. I bought a 22C in '05 and never had a reason for needing a second one. Well WI recently passed a CC and I tried looking everywhere for a 27 to no avail. Ended up getting a Taurus Ultra-lite .38 w/a 2 inch barrel. It's a good gun and I like it but it's no Glock. LOL Well yesterday I was at my sisters wedding rehearsal and me and my dad decided to cut out a little early and head to the local gun shop (the wedding is taking place over an hour away from where me and my dad live). Upon entering I seen they had a NIB 3ed gen 27 w/3 mags for $550 after everything. Just gotta wait till Tuesday to pick it up.

What are your guys thoughts on modding a CC??? I've always been told to leave it factory due to possible legal ramifications if you mod it?? I'm currently thinking about putting on Glock factory night sights (off my 22C), slide release, Pierce +0 pinky extensions, and mag release (I have small hands and still have to cant my 22C to depress the mag release w/a Glockmeister competition mag release).
First off congrats on the G27. I carry a G27G4 the only upgrades I've done are I installed the Glockmeister SS guide rod & spring also some Trjicon night sights that's it. O and i polished my barrel. Excellent little firecracker!! Hope you enjoy yours!

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all. The wait is only 48 hours here (I get to pick it up tomorrow :D).

The only reason I ask about modding an EDC is that an old professor of mine said "Heaven forbid you have to use it in self defense and end up having it go to trial the prosecutor is going to try to find anything to try to hit you with. Such as a lighter trigger pull, they could say that you put a "hair trigger" on it to make it more deadly just to make you look like the bad guy. We all know that a lighter trigger pull will result in a crisper pull and more accurate follow up shots, but the jury may not."

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The new addition!!! Tomorrow I paint the letters to match my 22C.

Gen 3 Glock 27

Big daddy and little buddy. lol

The family (blue label Gen3 22C, Gen3 27, & Taurus 85 Ultra-lite)

·
Registered
931 Posts
inspector13 said:
The new addition!!! Tomorrow I paint the letters to match my 22C.

Gen 3 Glock 27

Big daddy and little buddy. lol

The family (blue label Gen3 22C, Gen3 27, & Taurus 85 Ultra-lite)
I love my G27G4. I have the same extended mag but do not remember where I got it? Can you remind me :)

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts