field knife pommel endcap mod.

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by stratguy74, Jun 1, 2012.

1. stratguy74

stratguy74 New Member

Dunno if this is a dead horse but people are always interested in this and I thought I'd share. Most of us know there's a small space under the cap on our glock knives. Some don't. Here's a mod I did years ago.

ForumRunner_20120601_222351.jpg
    To do this you'll need:
    1/2" tap
    1/2" stainless hex cap bolt
    1/4" rubber oring
    All of these items are available @ your local home improvement store

Pry out plastic cap and thread the metal cylinder inside. Slip oring onto end of bolt and tighten.
    If u want more space then the 11/2" then you'll have to bore it out more with a drill. I actually drilled the inside of the bolt and added a magnesium striker rod that works great with the bottle opener on the hand guard.

ForumRunner_20120601_223535.jpg

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Good idea...thanks for sharing !

3. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Please excuse my ignorance because I think this looks cool but what is the purpose? Just a cool mod or does the piece in the knife serve a purpose? Just curious.

4. Well now I know that the glock knifes don't have a full tang so that is a -1 for me.

In theory it is a cool idea to have thing inside the hand of your knife but if you loose your knife guess what else is gone? That's right, everything that was inside it. Not to mention if you don't have a full tang the blade is weaker cause it doesn't have that "back bone" to say.

Here is a good read on survival knifes and how to pick them out: http://survivalcache.com/survival-knife/

Nice job on what you did by the way. :)

5. GEN4G19

GEN4G19 New Member

If you want great survival knives with full tang then look into ESEE Knives. They are quality blades with nice powder coating on the blades and micarta handles. Can baton threw most anything and their serrated blades have one side flat for stronger serrations. Quality blades with a quality company that offers no questions asked lifetime guarantees? Their awesome. Just my two cents.

6. stratguy74

stratguy74 New Member

Adds weight, pommel that can be used to hammer, and I have a fire starting kit that's right there in the handle.

7. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

aHH! vERY COOL!