Fiber optic front sight Vs. 4 Ported Barrel on G34

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by Glock34Jarhead, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Glock34Jarhead

Glock34Jarhead Member

I have the Tru Glo F/O on my G34 then went and bought a LWD 4 ported barrel. Put it in and was so happy how it looked. I then noticed that the 4th port was sitting directly below the front sight tip. I immediately thought that it would melt my front sight. So I call the guy I bought them from (Glock Certified) said hey man do you think that I will have an issue with melting that front sight. Of course he says no unless you shoot rapid fire. So needless to say DO NOT use F/O front sights if you have a ported barrel. It melted the F/O tip within 5 rounds. Going with the T.A.S Sights and I will let everyone knows how those work out.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Got any pics of the melted sight ?...just curious to see how close

it was to the port and how bad it melted.

3. Glock34Jarhead

Glock34Jarhead Member

ForumRunner_20120221_190708.jpg

Ok so I shot some before and after. You can see how bright the front sight tip used to be. After 5 rounds with the ported barrel it was melted. This last pic is after using light CLP and brush to clean it just to make sure it was not carbon coating. You can also see from the first pics how close the last port is to the front sight which led me to believe there was a problem in the first place. But you know how Marines are. Shoot it first then reassess. Yep it did exactly what I thought it would. T.A.S sights are already in the mail. Lol

ForumRunner_20120221_190724.jpg

ForumRunner_20120221_190931.jpg

4. codemanod

codemanod New Member

That barrel is Sweeeet! That sucks about the sight, thanks for posting. Have you tried to contact true glow?

5. Glock34Jarhead

Glock34Jarhead Member

Yeah I just let them of the issue to maybe let there customers know that it will completely defect there sights if they have a 4 ported barrel like mine. Not really big on collecting a refund especially if I knew it would happen. But like a Jarhead I did it anyway lol.

6. EvilD

EvilD New Member

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Thanks for the pics...now I see what happened.

( Also glad you got the pic upload problem solved Marine ! )

8. Glock34Jarhead

Glock34Jarhead Member

9. EvilD

EvilD New Member

I don't have the same barrel, I have the stock one, but it should fix the problem as there in no part hanging into the port. I'll take a pic tomorrow night and post.

10. EvilD

EvilD New Member

Ok, cell phone is dying, get a new one in two weeks and camera batteries were dead, so its a crappy pic, but you get the idea.
    [​IMG]

11. Glock34Jarhead

Glock34Jarhead Member

What model do you have because the 34 looks like a longer slide so that would def. work if you have a shorter slide than mine that would give it ample space. The TAS sights will be here fridat so I'm gonna test those out first. Heard and read some mixed reviews so we will see.

12. Glock34Jarhead

Glock34Jarhead Member

What model do you have because the 34 looks like a longer slide so that would def. work if you have a shorter slide than mine that would give it ample space. The TAS sights will be here friday so I'm gonna test those out first. Heard and read some mixed reviews so we will see.

13. EvilD

EvilD New Member

14. Glock34Jarhead

Glock34Jarhead Member

Wow that must be the angle then because it definitely looks shorter. Or it may just be me. Lol

15. Glock34Jarhead

Glock34Jarhead Member

Ok...so here's the new T.A.S sights. It looks pretty cool on the slide. I will be going to the range on Monday to test accuracy and what nots. Next step duracoat.

ForumRunner_20120225_232548.jpg

ForumRunner_20120225_232628.jpg

16. KaotikG34

KaotikG34 New Member

I run the TAS rear sight on my G34 with the LW ported barrel and problem solved....... the TAS sights will pretty much eliminate the need for the FSP